guitarists: your favourite guitar chord (2 Viewers)

Re: drummers: your favourite drum beat.......

arg-4th-of-july-drum-207x165-url.gif

hanley said:
the bit in whitney houstons "i will always love you" near enough to the end where the song stops for a second or so and the bangs on the snare and plays on but at a slighty higher note.best ever

thats called modulating to the fifth i think, its in loads of pop hits.. once you listen out for it its all over the gaff

while we're talking random finger placing that sounds good

E A D G B E
0 7 5 6 0 0

which I thinks gives a Emaj7 with a 3rd instead of a 5th and lots of jangle from the open B and E strings

I got over the Em - Am Teenage thing when I discovered Emaj7...

life seemed so much more cheery all of a sudden...

in minor threat's 'im seeing red' when ian's yelling it and then theres that killer drum beat after each time he says it...classic.

might not be my favourite beat, but Dave Rownetrees druming on Song2 has to get a mention... most drummers will never have a beat that;s instantly recognisable as that, boy sat plonking 4/4 drearyness for years and then came up with that intro beat... in terms of reconition it's up there with Lust For Life and We Will We Will Rock You... very few other beats that instantly recognisable leap to mind

Re: bassists: your favourite...uh...note

snakybus said:
ha ha

bassists can't play chords
we can't....?

my favourite note is whatever one causes the snares on the snare drum to go mental. i :heart: irking the drummer.

bit from 'in the abscence of strong evidence to the contrary, one may step out of the way of the charging bull' by don cab, where it all speeds up and then this big bonham style groove with two snare drums come out of the noise, and you can hear someone shouting "wooo!"
hehe
"wooo!"

Pantone247 said:
while we're talking random finger placing that sounds good

E A D G B E
0 7 5 6 0 0

which I thinks gives a Emaj7 with a 3rd instead of a 5th and lots of jangle from the open B and E strings

E A D G B E
0 7 5 6 0 0
Nice chord but that's E minor 6th

Emaj7 with a 3rd and no 5th would be something like this:
E A D G B E
0 7 6 8 5 0

G (in standard tuning with the b string pressed at the 3rd fret) as heard at the begining of roy harpers "hallucinating light" (acoustic 7" version)

so whats everybody's favorite guitar solo? maybe this deserves a thread to itself...

desertedvillage said:
E A D G B E
0 7 5 6 0 0
Nice chord but that's E minor 6th

Emaj7 with a 3rd and no 5th would be something like this:
E A D G B E
0 7 6 8 5 0

sorry actually meant 8 on the G not 6

...I'm actually sitting at my desk making chord shapes and squinting at my fingers to see what it is... to the casual passer by I must look some deformed mentalist staring furiously at his contorted mutant claw hands...

about 1 minute into "that little sports car" by the shaggs there is the best snare hit ever. just after the line "wow! i was almost a goner (goner)" theres the thick little guitar riff and then the song stops for a sec and then..... :heart: .|..| :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back