Guitar TECH? (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
Quick Question,

When changing a right handed guitar to left handed, or visa versa, what do you need to change.

I don't want any smart answers, like...eh doooh, the strings!

You would have to reset the intoneation, yes? but do you have to turn pick ups around, or are PU's the same the whole way true?

thanks

The only thing you may need to change is the height of the bridge saddles (if you have 'em), since the thicker strings will need more clearance from the pickups. Speaking of which....I wouldn't try flipping the pickups. Chances are it won't make any difference. And the intonation, maybe.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
The only thing you may need to change is the height of the bridge saddles (if you have 'em), since the thicker strings will need more clearance from the pickups. Speaking of which....I wouldn't try flipping the pickups. Chances are it won't make any difference. And the intonation, maybe.

This is correct. Make sure the bridge (or height of the strings on the bridge) are reversed.

The last thing I had to do was change a right handed tenor banjo to left handed. Yee haw!

maybe change the nut at the top of the neck
the thinner strings will rattle round the big bigger slots other wise

pick ups will be grand, except on a strat thing where the angle of the bridge pick up will be reversed (if you know what I mean... like this / rarther then that ... \ .....um....) but some folk like it like that... gives tighter bass and more mellow tone off the high strings.

yes.

Also don't forget to change strap buttons!

You will need to alter the intonation otherwise when you playhigher notes around the 12th fret onwards it will be all out of tune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back