grunge fashion advice (1 Viewer)

Charlie Bucket

right, so I watched 'rivers edge' again the other night and today I'm rockin a kinda grunge ensemble - fake cons, check shirt, combat jacket - the only problem is that my cords are flared! does this contravene the grunge code or could i get away with it by arguing that grunge represented a fusion of both hippy and punk ideals?

giveadogabone said:
right, so I watched 'rivers edge' again the other night and today I'm rockin a kinda grunge ensemble - fake cons, check shirt, combat jacket - the only problem is that my cords are flared! does this contravene the grunge code or could i get away with it by arguing that grunge represented a fusion of both hippy and punk ideals?

It's ok - if anyone asks, say they were the only trousers you could afford. Grunge credibility in a sentence.

well you could counteract the flares problem by indulging in the biggest grunge accessory of them all: heroin!

Bag'o'cans said:
Where'd you get those trousers?...................1975!
I'll keep my fashion opinions to myself this time.

i believe everyone should wear at least one item of clothing that was popular in the year of their birth.

Buddhapadge said:
Dude - Cliff Burton wasn't grunge. Where was all the existential self-loathing?

indeed he was metal. but seeing as grunge was metal+punk+pop then the equation balances itself. way to go tho - between a tour bus and swedish black ice in the middle of the night i believe?:eek:

"With his hair hanging straight down from him head, he seemed eternally clad in a pair of bell-bottom jeans and a faded denim jacket. If it was cold, he wore a flannel shirt underneath."

giveadogabone said:
indeed he was metal. but seeing as grunge was metal+punk+pop then the equation balances itself. way to go tho - between a tour bus and swedish black ice in the middle of the night i believe?:eek:

"With his hair hanging straight down from him head, he seemed eternally clad in a pair of bell-bottom jeans and a faded denim jacket. If it was cold, he wore a flannel shirt underneath."
"i dream of lars ulrich being thrown from the bus window instead of my master mystikall kliff burton"

SNN15M.jpg

beetleonitsback said:
"i dream of lars ulrich being thrown from the bus window instead of my master mystikall kliff burton"

SNN15M.jpg

who'd win in a fight between sunn o))) and earth?
i reckon carlson could buy a shotgun and that would give him an advantage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back