Grime recommends (1 Viewer)

mamul

Recently been enjoying the sounds of Tinchy Stryder, Ruff Squad, Wiley and Max Peezay plus looking forward to getting me hands on that new Mary Anne Hobbs comp and the new Roll Deep one. Any recommends from any of yis? There seems to be a lot of stuff out there and i guess alot of it ain't so hot, judging from some of the guff that gets onto Channel U. Any of yis see that new Wong track, funny shit. By the by, would Max Peezay be considered Grime or would that be Euro-Crunk? And what about Stacs of Stamina? Fucking genres have me all confused.

my grime recommends for 2006

Raptor - War Of The Speakers EP 12"
Skream / Distance - Bahl Fwd split 10"
Skream - Skream 3xLP

I think the Skream LP is possibly the best album of the year. The dude is only 18.

Have ordered his new 12" just called Skream EP from Uptown Records in Soho (supposed to be shipped today). Seems like a good shop but postage is pricey. They were the only ones selling the Raptor EP too.

Best speed garage record I heard recently was The Retro Dubz Bring Back The '90s EP. Came out earlier this year.

Old skool. Second track is amazing.

yeah have that Skream album on me wishlist so hopefully santa might put it in me stockin. feel this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah a few of the smaller shops charge alot for p&p. i went with hmv for the tinchy stryder as i feeling a bit scabby. felt a pang of shame tho, gotta support the indy's.

Liking at the moment:
-Lethal bizzle
-Wiley
-Fumin
-More Fire Crew
-Virus Syndicate
-JME
-Skepta

min svensk hem pojkes

Liking at the moment:
-Lethal bizzle
-Wiley
-Fumin
-More Fire Crew
-Virus Syndicate
-JME
-Skepta
sweet thang, shall check out the heads the haven't heard here. cheers ya'll

yo mamal, your having a negative effect on me these days. i spent about three hours watching U the other night. some stinkers on there alright.
whats the word on this MC Crazy Titch? any use? he got thirty years the other day for shooting dead some producer bloke. nuts. but grimey, really grimey. ;)

edit- read about it here and here.

Yeah, the whole crazy titch thing is insane.
Not that its defendable now or anything but I read somewhere that the shooting had very little to do with those lyrics, theyre quite tame in fairness, but was more to do with some personal issue.
Anyway, some great crazy titch stuff on youtube. Heres him nearly getting into a fist fight with dizzee rascal at some battle...

thats fucked up alright. young blood lives up to his name

Best Grime tune EVER:

Plastician is well good . Milanese is another impressive one .. I think I prefer the dubsteppy grime stuff like Burial/Vex'd etc to the MCs now .
really, yeah? i'm the opposite, can get a bit bored with the instrumental stuff, much prefer the mc'd over stuff. the same with me hip-hop

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back