gregor57 - live (1 Viewer)

*silo is livid and speedy looks down at his menu, thinking of what to say. "i don't need this right now" thinks speedy.*

good evening folks, would you like to order? i can tell you the specials are the crab claws and the fish is haddock.

yourself sir?

speedy: 'i'll have...

*silo kicks speedy under the table*

*speedy grimaces*

silo: we'll both have the mexican special, please.

*speedy looks sadly down at the rose in his lapel*

*scene ends*

Originally posted by silo
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah....I read 'Barely Legals' erotic stories with lubricant in my sweaty lil' palms

....seriously, Are you a musician? Will you not answer? Where's your music? Are you scared? I'm so curious

*Scene suddenly starts up again*

Suddenly Lorcanzo stands up from the table hidden behind the palm tree.

He walks over to Speedy and Silo's table and tries to pat Silo on the hand. His lipstick is smeared. Silo slaps his hand away.
Speedy sighs noisily and looks imploringly at Lorcanzo.

Conor stands up, from the other table, puts his coat over Lorcanzo's shoulders and says "It's all right. Come on".

They walk out together.
Hector gives Lorcanzo his coat, and says "Have a pleasant evening madam"
Lorcanzo looks vaguely troubled as they walk off into the night.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Anyway, we have tonnes of songs in VERY different styles.
MCFLY - MCFLY - HELLO..MCFLY - this was my point....anyway who cares.

Things are goin really well for us live. We've already got a following. And some great reviews.
glad it's going well.

I was sick of goin to shit gigs, watching clones of depressed clones whining away. I wanted some excitement. Thats a part of what we're about.

but aren't you just mimicking various styles...in a happy way...? i dunno - who cares? do you have any songs that sound like 'search and destroy' by the stooges? i reckon that'd be my favourite. you don't do reggae though, right?

I'm a 3D animator
re-animators are cooler than animators.

anyway! this whole thread got a little personal somewhere around page 2.
i bet those gregor 57 guys are bummed about their thread being hijacked by that speed racer guy. (JOKE!!!!! lolrotfllotrfrodo)
bye,

andrew

Originally posted by Speed Racer
....seriously, Are you a musician? Will you not answer? Where's your music? Are you scared? I'm so curious

i love this dickmeasuring stuff!

tell you what, let's make it like one of those books where you get to choose the story by answering questions differently.

your options:

a. you are a musician.
b. you are not a musician.
c. this is irrelevant.

hmm, which do i go for?

if i go for a, the replies will be along the lines of 'ha! your music is shite!' stuff. classic speedy, making you want to hit him with a large fly swatter.

if i go for b, then the reply will be along the lines of 'you have no right to criticise me!' - a more subtle form of speedy nonsense, but nonetheless it carries its own implicit assumptions about hierarchical divisions and music. not as grating as a, but not a barrel of laughs.

or, do i go for c, the mystery option? the possible outcome? speedy assumes that i am 'a musician' but, of course, i'm scared. he wins! he gets to show just how superior he is as a 'musician'! i have to live with the shame and terror of being labelled a 'non-musician'!

here, speedy, tell you what. you choose for me.

good lad. with trepidation, i await the outcome.

Originally posted by dragonninja6000

but aren't you just mimicking various styles...in a happy way...? i dunno - who cares? do you have any songs that sound like 'search and destroy' by the stooges? i reckon that'd be my favourite. you don't do reggae though, right?

andrew

No, we're not mimmicking anything you nimrod, we've been playing this kind of music for years, we play music we enjoy. That can be from any genre. Unlike alot of acts I'm not happy to pigeon hole myself and playing 8 songs in the exact same style. We're not 'Happy' , alot of it is kinda agressive, sarcastic. We don't do Reggae, but I wouldn't mind learning more about playing it in a couple of years.

By your logic it would be true to say that LOADS of bands in the Dublin scene are just mimmicking Sonic Youth. They're not really, it INSPIRED them. There's a difference.

And sorry if Gregor 57 get upset about this thread. It just kinda happened. I wasn't the aggressor. The gig should be deadly and I like their tunes.

.|..| on

there's lots of 'dickmeasuring' going on on both sides here children.
now lets try to grow up shall we?

silo's in a band called 'embers' and speedy's in a band called 'the spiders'

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
*Scene suddenly starts up again*
Suddenly Lorcanzo stands up from the table hidden behind the palm tree.
He walks over to Speedy and Silo's table and tries to pat Silo on the hand. His lipstick is smeared. Silo slaps his hand away.
Speedy sighs noisily and looks imploringly at Lorcanzo.
Conor stands up, from the other table, puts his coat over Lorcanzo's shoulders and says "It's all right. Come on".
They walk out together.
Hector gives Lorcanzo his coat, and says "Have a pleasant evening madam"
Lorcanzo looks vaguely troubled as they walk off into the night.

classic. :)

Organaly posted by Spenised Gaycer
No, we're not mimmicking anything you TOTALLY CHILL AND NICE GUY, we've been playing this kind of music for years, we play music we enjoy. That can be from any genre. Unlike alot of acts I'm not happy to pigeon hole myself and playing 8 songs in the exact same style. We're not 'Happy' , alot of it is kinda agressive, sarcastic. We don't do Reggae, but I wouldn't mind learning more about playing it in a couple of years.
whatevers clever, dogg. i just think it's funny how you be all:
"hey fellas, anyone up for some reggae later?"
and i'm like
"i am super psyched to see giddy motors"

By your logic it would be true to say that LOADS of bands in the Dublin scene are just mimmicking Sonic Youth. They're not really, it INSPIRED them. There's a difference.

it'd probably be cooler if people were straight apeing sonic youth..probably.
the early stuff i mean. like nothing past 83.
see you later guys

andy

Originally posted by silo
i love this dickmeasuring stuff!

Blah, blah, blah, Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,Blah, blah, blah,.... Silo gets ultra clever

You thought about this too much. Really. I wasn't gonna go and attack you full on after hearing your tunes. I was honestly curious about what kind of music you would choose to make, being one of the most critical, anti everything people I've ever listened to. So Design is your passion. Grand so.

All this crap started long ago coz you posted some abuse for me, when I posting about some favorite music or something. I was on thumped, talking about music. No way! I'm a musician. No way! You may or may not be. So what was wrong with talking about music on a music forum?

You just remind me of the Fat comicbook store guy in the Simpsons. :p

zero joy......everything is 'So' this or that.

thinking, as ever, is a crime.

ahhhhh...

fuck this.

whatever you just said, there, speedy. critical. anti-everything. yeah, that's it. so it.

tea, anyone?

Luvly then. Everyone's happy. I'm gonna go have a protein shake and measure my cock, just to see if its gotten any bigger in the last couple of hours. Coz thats what I'm all about dudes. Cock sizes...apparently.

peace

I'm with the missiles for Bananas program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back