gregor57 - live (3 Viewers)

Never mind all that.
Gregor57 are fucking brilliant.
Aaammmmm ooooon a mission!!!
I was banging the head to that one.......great song. It just doesn't let up.
They're all really good songs.

It was a great night, very much enjoyed Tarwater too.

Anyone from here go? I met Donnacha, but didn't see anyone else. Anyone going to review the gig?

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

no go for it, take me to school on this shit.
just wanna know why everyone hates the frames here

bye
andrew

ps - brianerbarbaby - what does gregor 57 actually sound like?

Discordant distorted basslines repetitive hypnotic washes of guitar noise pounding drums in case the bass and guitar didn't get you and cool shouty one-phrase vocals. Full-on stuff.

In my opinon.
Dragonninjandrew6000 do I know you?

Originally posted by dragonninja6000
hey - WASSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUPPPP? cool.
talkin about 'cliche' and shit, have you heard your own music? totally pastiche!! i kinda wish i hadn't heard it...nah that's kinda mean and mean ain't me. you do what you do buddy...and we can throw each other high fives and i'll be all "shiatch....diaaatch...."

bye,

andrew

ps - that 'racecar' (?) font is wicked gay. sayin.
pps - which band guy are you?
ppps - what's so wrong with the frames?

The Frames are the Cliched Irish band. You knob. Singing about typical hopeless love life/lost loved ones crap. Is my stuff too bright? Should I be more depressing and sing about the potato famine? I'd fit in with the Oirish scene then wouldn't I? You watch. I'll burn your bridge. Shit-stain.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Most Irish band websites look quite similar, colourless and put together in a typical crappy Microsoft template program. I know its coz they have low budgets. But there you go. I wanted to avoid that.

em...

whose in particular?

without wanting to sound prissy, not mine.

Is my stuff too bright?

so bright i gotta wear shades.....so when i'm out in the day i don't gotta look at you.

nah joke, i wouldn't worry about it - i just thought it was weird that one guy should talk shit on another guy for being cliche when that first guys band just seems to play very 'styled' (cliched) music ("dis uh duh our funk song")....i didn't mean it in a bad way.

and i still don't get the problem with the frames.
are they that much worse / different (musically) than a lot of 'thumped bands' ? ah sure what would i know?

peace baby,

andrew

Your site is grand Speedy, maybe you just need some better pictures and a bit more contents (these will come with time). True it looks a bit cheezy but I don't dislike that.

About the music, again, it's all about time: it takes ages for a band to find their *own* sound. It's natural that at the beginning you sound like your influences. This happens to everybody and it's just part of the process. And of course there will always be some ninjaturtle who doesn't understand that.

The Frames have all my respect coz they're great musicians and they worked their arses off to get where they are now. However, I bought an album last year, I listened to it a few times and now there's 1" dust on it. Not my kind of stuff, really.... but this is not a crime, is it?

"respect". what is it with this word? i hate it.

it's a cliche. in fact, it's way beyond cliche, out in a league of its own. or, to use my new favourite phrase, it's totally next level shit.

gerrils don't go around "respecting" and "disrespecting" eachother. it's a big dickmeasuring thing really, isn't it?

the only people who use the word "respect" are music-related or else they're weirdos on jerry springer.

pschuh...

just an observation.

Originally posted by dragonninja6000

nah joke, i wouldn't worry about it - i just thought it was weird that one guy should talk shit on another guy for being cliche when that first guys band just seems to play very 'styled' (cliched) music ("dis uh duh our funk song")....i didn't mean it in a bad way.

Whats cliched about Funk? Or old style Rhythm n Blues? The White Stripes are completely Old style Rhythm n Blues. If you don't know much about funk, I suppose you might think that its all a big cheesy cliche. Anyway, we have tonnes of songs in VERY different styles. Funk is only part of it. Things are goin really well for us live. We've already got a following. And some great reviews. I started the whole band thing in the first place coz I was sick of goin to shit gigs, watching clones of depressed clones whining away. I wanted some excitement. Thats a part of what we're about.

Show me your stuff and I'll tell you what I think. By the way, I'm a 3D animator, what you see there may not necessarily be a Car. I've got a concept . I built the thing.

I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine. I read Mojo magazine.

Show me your stuff and I'll tell you what I think. By the way, I'm a 3D animator, what you see there may not necessarily be a Car. I've got a concept . I built the thing.

stand back, people! he's got a concept! and he's willing to use it!

Originally posted by silo
stand back, people! he's got a concept! and he's willing to use it!

Ha ha ha ha.....Yer an angry wee man in a big world. Oh no....I read Mojo, what a slaggin. How will I recover? I just dont know. You're so witty, talented and jobless at the same time.

!bog man

...seriously though, do you make music in any way? Show us some, for a laugh.

Ha ha ha ha.....Yer an angry wee man in a big world. Oh no....I read Mojo, what a slaggin. How will I recover? I just dont know. You're so witty, talented and jobless at the same time.

!bog man

...seriously though, do you make music in any way? Show us some, for a laugh.

i wish i'd kept that pm from you. the 'angry young man' one. the passion! the anger! oh, the humanity.

off to have a look for it.

couldn't find the 'true hatred' one, but this'll do for the moment.

pm from the boy speedy to moi, 4th october 2002 12:44pm.

to you fuckface

You are A NERD! A HORRIBLE NERD!

feel the pain.

totally next level shit.

For you Silo....

with much luv

again, one is forced to concede that the totally-next-level-shit-ness measure of this is off tha muthafuckin' scale.

hey, do we step outside now? and push eachother? and force back the tears and try to kick eachother's shins? i remember the drill from school. or do we just shout, in true dickmeasuring style? is that the rules?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back