Whelans, Wexford St., Dublin 2.
8.30pm / 12euro

Lazybird
11th May 2003
The International Bar, Exchequer St., Dublin 2. -
8pm / 4euro

Information:

Tarwater - http://www.mute.com/tarwater
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronald Lippok [To Rococo Rot) and Bernd Jestram aka Tarwater are gently reserved in any way as their music is greeted by overwhelming praise. there's something extraordinarily contradictory about Tarwater's music. it's put together mainly from fragments, and yet utterly nonchalant in its complexity. it's detached, and yet wholly engaging.
It's repetitive, and yet wonderfully melodic. they may remind you of others but they sound like no one else.

Giddy Motors - http://www.giddymotors.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giddy Motors set out to combine the jazz influence of Coltrane and Miles Davis with the angular punk of the Jesus Lizard and Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. From this starting point they have stamped their own originality and innovation on a clutch of challenging and hard-hitting songs, involving chaotic chord progressions, face-slapping vocals and acrobatic percussion.

Gregor57 - http://www.gregor57.com
gregor57 is a music group from dublin, ireland.
with their finely pointed repetitive rhythms and an improvised wall of noise you can trace lines through gregor57 and their ferocious art damaged mess to their many genre-bending influences.

gregor57 are gavin duffy, ed kelly and peter maybury.

Lazybird - http://www.lazybird.org.uk
Lazybird is a music club held every Sunday evening in Dublin's International Bar from 8pm till late.
Each week consists of a live act and djs, who play everything from jazz to electronic sounds.
Previous live players include Schroeders Cat, Wormholes, Ambulance, Rod, Jimmycake, Tycho Brahe.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
What are Giddy motors like? Sounds interesting, but the name? Its like a childs toy. Made in Roscommon or something.

i thought they were amazing when i saw them. reminded me a little of the fall / this heat / u.s. maple / some other shit. totally next level shit.
i'm not sure if they'd "groove" enough for you from what i can gather of your tastes (y'know from the eight bazillion posts you've made here)
what does gregor57 sound like?

bye bye - peace in the middle east. seriously!!!

andy

pppps - anyone know if sightings / noxagt is confirmed for scrublin? next level shit.

Originally posted by dragonninja6000
i thought they were amazing when i saw them. reminded me a little of the fall / this heat / u.s. maple / some other shit. totally next level shit.
i'm not sure if they'd "groove" enough for you from what i can gather of your tastes (y'know from the eight bazillion posts you've made here)

Oooooh, Feisty! I love Rock too. But it has to have fantastic riffage, and no moany cliches.

Here though, I like the Gregor57 site. Very nice. Good atmospheric stuff.

i don't like the spiders site. not trying to be mean or anything, but it's cheese-tastic.

Originally posted by silo
i don't like the spiders site. not trying to be mean or anything, but it's cheese-tastic.

thats your opinion. Its a matter of taste. I wouldn't like music you drool over either. It's all tastes. Most Irish band websites look quite similar, colourless and put together in a typical crappy Microsoft template program. I know its coz they have low budgets. But there you go. I wanted to avoid that.

What? No. you must have us mixed up with The Frames.

hey - WASSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUPPPP? cool.
talkin about 'cliche' and shit, have you heard your own music? totally pastiche!! i kinda wish i hadn't heard it...nah that's kinda mean and mean ain't me. you do what you do buddy...and we can throw each other high fives and i'll be all "shiatch....diaaatch...."

bye,

andrew

ps - that 'racecar' (?) font is wicked gay. sayin.
pps - which band guy are you?
ppps - what's so wrong with the frames?

What? No. you must have us mixed up with The Frames.

hey - WASSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUPPPP? cool.
talkin about 'cliche' and shit, have you heard your own music? totally pastiche!! i kinda wish i hadn't heard it...nah that's kinda mean and mean ain't me. you do what you do buddy...and we can throw each other high fives and i'll be all "shiatch....diaaatch...."

bye,

andrew

ps - that 'racecar' (?) font is wicked gay. sayin.
pps - which band guy are you?
ppps - what's so wrong with the frames?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back