Great record shops in foreign cities (2 Viewers)

altvinyl in newcastle is by far the best record shop
i've been to in europe! pisses all over 12 tonar and
monorail, which are both cool and all....where else
stocks both toymonger and rudy ray moore records?!

moore_rudyr_eatoutmor_101b.jpg

all the classics! up their with kim's and other music for me.
armageddon in providence was cool - small enough shop
though.

16 Tons in Zurich.
Open Mind Music in San Francisco is a sweet vinyl only shop with everything in it and a high turnover. Apparently its moved from Divisadero to Market/Castro though. Anyone been to the new one/know if its an improvement or not?
i don't know about improvement as i was never in the old shop but the current one is pretty good alright.

aquarius in san francisco is something special. not only for the unusual records but also for the in-store performances. i saw cluster in there the weekend before last.

"get records" in amsterdam is excellent

i
aquarius in san francisco is something special. not only for the unusual records but also for the in-store performances. i saw cluster in there the weekend before last.
It's a good spot. I love Streetlight Records in Noe Valley as well.
Man, San Francisco is probably the best place on earth for vinyl shopping.

-generation records in NYC (super cheap and yet I spent nearlly all my money there :))

-sound pollution in Stockholm (pure metal sham. and deadly punk too)

-sick wreckords in Frankfurt (used to go in of a saturday and browse for hours just to hear this obscure rockabilly stuff the owner played)

I have to say Plugd is a very pleasant experience too.|..|

-generation records in NYC (super cheap and yet I spent nearlly all my money there :))

-sound pollution in Stockholm (pure metal sham. and deadly punk too)

-sick wreckords in Frankfurt (used to go in of a saturday and browse for hours just to hear this obscure rockabilly stuff the owner played)

I have to say Plugd is a very pleasant experience too.|..|

all bias aside plugd is one of the best record shops around.
i just wish they had more kiss fm cds.

Ultima Thule in Leicester - ultimate knee-trembler

As regds Germany: WOM (World of Music) generally have loads of odd stuff on the shelves, one of the most eclectic chain store record shops.

for Glasgow?

Halfhunter mentioned Monorail Records a few pages back. any other recommendations? general browse like, no genre in particular. good secondhand section'd be sweet

cheers

If anyone could point me in the right direction of the above in Munich or Innsbruck I'd be grateful

Cheers

for Glasgow?

Halfhunter mentioned Monorail Records a few pages back. any other recommendations? general browse like, no genre in particular. good secondhand section'd be sweet

cheers
Missing Link down on the Great Western Road. It's smells of condensation and mould but plenty of bargains if you're after jazz or post-rock curios. Good second-hand vinyl section.

CD Drome in Barcelona is pretty good, similar to road but a little bigger. They even have joan of arse and paul o'rielly records there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back