good night, and good luck (1 Viewer)

Good shit: Ray Wise, Patricia Clarkson and the shot of the security guard leaning against a wall, watching the TV in the lobby as Murrow starts the first broadcast directly attacking McCarthy, which reminded me of edward hopper for some reason.

Yep, I thought this was excellent too. Strathairn, Clooney and Wise were all great. It was all very reminiscent of All The Presidents Men, but with a lot more style. Clooney is the new Redford.

I have to join the George appreciation fest here. I saw Goodnight & Good Luck last week and Syriana yesterday (I don't know what I'm going to do next week). I thought the former was excellent. It looked great and the McCarthy footage blended in so well that the person I went with didn't realise that it was really him and not just another actor.I thought Syriana was very good although I'd like to see it again as I spent so much time trying to figure out who was who that I'm sure I missed things. That's just me being dopey though. There are a lot of Hollywood types who are bitching and whining about US foreign policy, domestic economics etc but when it comes down to it they don't do much more than whine. I've a lot of admiration for Clooney for actually putting his money where his mouth is and instigating/becoming involved in projects that deal with these themes in a way that's thought-provoking but not preachy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back