Good holiday for the little uns on a budget...? (1 Viewer)

benni

This year - what with me having bought an apartment and lots of musical equipment I cant afford a grandiose holiday but feel bad not taking the little dude away for an adventure over the summer.

The only problem is any cheap special offers I can find cater for 2 adults and a child... but as my boyf is saving his behind off for some pedals and a new guitar it'll just be me and the little guy for this trip.

So - does anyone have suggestions for a decent trip for about 4 days - a week, not too much cash that'll keep my 6 year old happy and occupied.... but that isnt some generic beach in spain etc? I know its asking a lot! But staying in Ireland is an option too.....

maybe send him off on his own for the week like in the movie 300

make a man of him

sparta2.gif

trabolgan

D'ykno - this actually sounded like a not too bad idea. Then i checked the prices. 600 fuckin euro for a weekend! :eek: I went to disneyland paris with the little dude last year for 5 days for that amount!!!

Thats a bit much aint it!
Thanks all the same tho

Camping?

Somewhere like Brittany - go over on the sleeper ferry (an adventure any boy would love), then camp somewhere near enough to the ferry port (or accessible by public transport).

French campsites are deadly, and they usually have lots of activities nearby like canoing and cycling and chateaus.

Keycamp or those others are great too, but pretty expensive. Bringing your own tent is much cheaper, and you could feast on fresh bread, fruit and veg everyday.....mmmm watermelon.

Camping?

Somewhere like Brittany - go over on the sleeper ferry (an adventure any boy would love), then camp somewhere near enough to the ferry port (or accessible by public transport).

French campsites are deadly, and they usually have lots of activities nearby like canoing and cycling and chateaus.

Keycamp or those others are great too, but pretty expensive. Bringing your own tent is much cheaper, and you could feast on fresh bread, fruit and veg everyday.....mmmm watermelon.

That sounds like a great break anyway

City break in Barcelona? ... lot's of cool stuff for kids like the Aquarium etc ..... might be a bit expensive though ...

Cornwall! It's not super-cheap, but it's great and it can be done on something of a budget (or at least you won't feel too ripped off). And you can go to the Eden Project, which is absolutely fucking deadly.

We did the whole cornwall/Eden/Longleat a couple of years ago. It was brilliant but not cheap at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back