GOLDBLADE - the temple - tuesday (2 Viewers)

Bit dodgy down there innit??

Sorry Kirstie, just thought ye was a bit harsh on the robbster. Id rather more people like him than Jamie Theakston/Zoe Ball's

Met him after a gig a few years ago, awfully bloody nice chap

Fuckin excellent night.

OK admittedly Goldblade's new stuff aint the best and they are missing their brass section to give it some more oomph.

Wasnt bothered about seeing supports but well glad I did. Yakuza need a bigger stage, they are shit hot. Dangerfield are pretty good, not my cup o tea but pretty good pro's, and the drummer does make the bass player blush...hehehe

8 yoyo for 3 bands (didnt see pinion but apparently thats good)

€2.67 each.....VFM boys and girls is alive and well

whoops - hope i didnt blush too much :( must have looked good with a table infront of the drumkit, dan and his broken toe and my face beaming red :)
the temple aint a bad area tho, i had to sit outside shivering for half an hour looking after equipment and an old guy took pity on me and gave me his coat...dunno quite how he's going to get it back tho but i now love the place.
no matter what anyone says about goldblade i think they're great! lovely people who i'd never heard of before the tour (thats not hard tho cos i'm clueless), but i was well impressed every night they played

murf

Originally posted by Kirstie he should FOAD so he should.
How can you say that aobut someone like John Robb? Save it for people who are doing real damage to the world. John Robb is one of the soundest people I've ever met and publicly wishing him to die is downright objectionable

yakuza were brilliant the other night - i'd never seen them before, but had only ever heard good things about them. normally when i hear praise about a a band it prepares me to see a fairly good band but one who have been a bit over-hyped. this was def not the case with yakuza tho :)

john robb is lovely guy and i agree that wishing him to die cos he's been on tv a few times is far fetched. fair play to those who dont like his music, cos course not everyone will like the same stuff (blah blah blah) - but he personally is a great bloke and i dont have a bad thing to say about him

murf

GB

Gold Blade seem to be a "love 'em or hate 'em" type band. That's the impression I got on the tour anyway. I personally fuckin' love 'em. Great songs, great attitude, great presence. The fact that they are really nice, genuine guys is the icing on the cake.

As for Handsome Gaz... he may have the phizzog of a crushed brick but he is a top bloke and his solo act is well worth checking out should he ever venture south of the border.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words about The Dangerfields. We always have fun in Eire and will be back in May with Sonny Vincent and MDC. Rock on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back