goldblade / paranoid visions / blood or whiskey / liz is evil (1 Viewer)

Just realised the Sugar Club isn't the Button factory.
Really?
You want to have it there, everyone basically sitting down watching the bands?

The place is shit for anything other than film nights.

Really?

I've heard nothing but bad reports about any kinda punk or heavy gigs in there, although I hear the bouncers are lovely.

Really?

no if you will recall....
there is a wide area at the front fopr standing vand viewing...about the size of a normal pub...seats are fairly limited.

anyway...its only place of a suitable size thats fuckin available for that date!!!

unless anyone feels like paying 20 quid in the village or 20 quid into crawdaddy!

Ah, it's more wide-ish.

Aye true, didn't know it was the only space available, and it is better than 20squid.
It'll be interesting.
The bouncers are surprisingly nice enough there too.

was browsing around to see whats hot on my birthday and this is it.goldblade are sexy.never mind the bollox.

I got 'Goldblade' totally mixed up with the American pop punk band 'Goldfinger' of THPS 1 fame.

This still looks like a good gig though.

yep....thats correct

i never thought I would ever see us and BOW on the same bill, but you know what...its about time I grew up and accepted that just because I don't understand or like the whole paddy punk thing (from the pogues downward it all turns me cold)!!!

There is so much shite, so many fuckin cliques, so many holier-than thou's and so much backbiting in the punk scene that the time must come to draw a line in the sand and just accept everyone for what they are....and I include myself in that statement. But, I have spent most of 2009 trying to get bands from all over the place on stage with us and to break down the divisions as much as possible....and its paying off ....how many people who would go and see liz is evil would have had a chance to see the genius thats ructions....or skeleton crew or a-political? Different crowds, new faces, great atmospheres....thats the cornerstone of a decent punk rock night! (and beer)

Getting blood or whiskey to agree to a triple headliner was the final hurdle and I hope the people of this forum will come and see the gig...because it will be a classic night!

but never mind the bollocks....

we are finally playing with fuckin GOLDBLADE............one of the best live bands in punk rock.

venue is the unusual choice, but great for the purpose in hand, the sugar club....dance area, big bar, great smoking area, teared seats (not torn seats) and management who are smelling the beer money from punk rock and who actually approached us about offering the venue...theres a first time for everything...

poster to follow, but meanwhile:

GOLDBLADE
PARANOID VISIONS
BLOOD OR WHISKEY
LIZ IS EVIL

SUGAR CLUB
DEC 11TH
7.30 - 11.30

ADM €10 BEFORE 8.30, €12.50 AFTER

next friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stage times:

liz is evil 8.30pm
blood or whiskey 9.20
paranoid visions 10.00
goldblade 10.40

should be a great night...thansk to BOW and john for sorting backline so we can drink our heads off all day and not have to carry stuff

and especially to Niall Mc for collecting the goldbladers

yay

yep....thats correct

i never thought I would ever see us and BOW on the same bill, but you know what...its about time I grew up and accepted that just because I don't understand or like the whole paddy punk thing (from the pogues downward it all turns me cold)!!!

There is so much shite, so many fuckin cliques, so many holier-than thou's and so much backbiting in the punk scene that the time must come to draw a line in the sand and just accept everyone for what they are....and I include myself in that statement. But, I have spent most of 2009 trying to get bands from all over the place on stage with us and to break down the divisions as much as possible....and its paying off ....how many people who would go and see liz is evil would have had a chance to see the genius thats ructions....or skeleton crew or a-political? Different crowds, new faces, great atmospheres....thats the cornerstone of a decent punk rock night! (and beer)

Getting blood or whiskey to agree to a triple headliner was the final hurdle and I hope the people of this forum will come and see the gig...because it will be a classic night!

but never mind the bollocks....

we are finally playing with fuckin GOLDBLADE............one of the best live bands in punk rock.

venue is the unusual choice, but great for the purpose in hand, the sugar club....dance area, big bar, great smoking area, teared seats (not torn seats) and management who are smelling the beer money from punk rock and who actually approached us about offering the venue...theres a first time for everything...

poster to follow, but meanwhile:

GOLDBLADE
PARANOID VISIONS
BLOOD OR WHISKEY
LIZ IS EVIL

SUGAR CLUB
DEC 11TH
7.30 - 11.30

ADM €10 BEFORE 8.30, €12.50 AFTER

Photos from the gig:
LIZ IS EVIL

SAM_0295.jpg

SAM_0297.jpg

SAM_0299.jpg

BLOOD OR WHISKEY
SAM_0316.jpg

SAM_0317.jpg

SAM_0318.jpg

SAM_0319.jpg

SAM_0321.jpg

PARANOID VISIONS
SAM_0330.jpg

SAM_0331.jpg

SAM_0332.jpg

SAM_0333.jpg

GOLDBLADE
SAM_0336.jpg

SAM_0339.jpg

Didnt get many of goldblade coz i was pretty fucked at that stage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back