Godamn Star trek (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter The
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2
avernus said:
yeah right! boy will your face be red when we can all step into one microwave and end up in another microwave. I wonder though, what'd happen if say a fly was bizzing into the microwave too when you stepped in.

You'd probably end up getting Gina Davis pregnant or something.

Wilbert said:
You do know that all of this Star Trek transportery stuff isn't possible and never will be, don't you?

Please say that you do.

now now...once we can "logically conceive" of it happening then there is an argument for it.
Blatant abuse of the word logically in philosophy

Quite obviously, though the illusion is compelling, there is no "you" to begin with - just a string of awareness with no real link from moment to moment, but which has the impression of a link created by the continuity of its memories, the fact that it's always in the same body, and whatnot. The creature formed on the other side would have the same memories and so on, and so would consider it the original "you", even though there was no "you" to begin with. In short, it would be under an illusion, but precisely the same illusion you're under in the first place anyway. Hope this clarifies everything (I don't think I've really explained myself very well).

This is consistent with thebongo's point - there's as much of a link between you and the recreation as there is between you now and you five seconds ago - i.e. none whatsoever (and there's really no "you" anyway)

thebongo, would you by any chance have been a third year philo student in Trinners about three years ago?

borgpony.jpg

Best anything EVER.

i'd just like to say that i am carl weathers. and a note to all of you, you'll never beat lang if you don't get on your toes.

also, ucd philosophy grad 01. as potlatch should have been. damn 02er.

Cormcolash said:
CIA got you pooshing too many pencils???

actually, the kuwaiti police ran a CIA check on me when i got arrested last week. so, now i'm on their mainframe. they were certainly pushing my patience.

nobody says "mainframe" unless they are referring to a covert organisation.

the bongo said:
actually, the kuwaiti police ran a CIA check on me when i got arrested last week. so, now i'm on their mainframe. they were certainly pushing my patience.

nobody says "mainframe" unless they are referring to a covert organisation.

You should have told them that you were part of a crowd that was unarmed with women and children down there, and that all you wanted was some food goddammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back