Global warming schobal warming? (1 Viewer)

i think a good proportion of the people don't fit in with the definition of a skeptic

denier - denies climate change is happening
skeptic - skeptical that climate change is proven and believes more research is neccessary in order to know it

would doubter be fitting then denier?

also here's an article from skeptic magazine about global warming http://www.skeptic.com/the_magazine/featured_articles/v14n01_human_induced_climate_change.html

i think "deniers/skeptics" are denying/skeptical of climate change being man-made more than saying climate change isn't happening at all.

I really hate the phrase "climate change denier" as it deliberately aligns the person/s being described with "holocaust deniers". What ever happened to "skeptics"? It's the kind of dirty subliminal tactic I'd expect of Fox News, not (supposedly) reasonable people who're just trying to save the planet/us.

I was specifically referring to corporations/corporation schills who are only involved in the debate from a shareholder preservation position and deliberately obstruct reasonable discussion on the subject in the reckless pursuit of profit. The holocaust does not have exclusive rights to the concept of denial and it never even crossed my mind that I was aligning the idea of climate change denial (and with these people it is a denial) with the holocaust. Godwin 1 - 0 This Discussion

Things are looking great over in California right now

What You Need to Know

Screen-Shot-2014-01-22-at-1.03.55-PM.png

some great comments from Californians themselves on this post

California's terrifying drought, summed up in two satellite images

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back