Glastonbury '15 (3 Viewers)

for the first song she was playing a giant inflatable guitar which she then handed to a roadie. Incredible. Looks like a decent enough crowd to me!
yeah that inflatable guitar is always on live photos. By all accounts her show tends to be really weird since half the crowd is composed of 9 years olds

gettyimages-478876182.jpg

Last edited:
The funny thing about the Charlie XCX performance was that despite the entire thing having a backing track, the guitarists had a full pedal setup and the bassist even had a spare guitar on hand (presumably in case her mimicry actually produced some audible noise).

The funny thing about the Charlie XCX performance was that despite the entire thing having a backing track, the guitarists had a full pedal setup and the bassist even had a spare guitar on hand (presumably in case her mimicry actually produced some audible noise).

can't remember if i posted it here, but The Coronas have a "grand piano" for their live gigs which is basically just a midi keyboard inside a grand piano wooden frame. As some people were rolling it out their roadies were asking them to be careful with it because it was a very fragile piano.

Probably should mention that the entire George Clinton Mothership show is played to backing tracks these days as well. Even with all 25 or whatever of them on stage.

Here's the Goat song, I quite like it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Not a fan or anything but Ryan Adams was very very good. My brother, a huge fan, who's seen him 2 or three times a year since... I don't know how long...said it was Adam's best band show he'd seen him do in ten years.

I thought this was very good too, I'd been cold on him before:

I ususally wouldn't be into this kind of thing at all, but the "run to your Mamma" tune goat played was pretty great. I was a bit scouped watching it though...

Last edited:
I don't get what anyone sees in Ryan Adams. It just seems like super-bland sub-Springsteen Americana to me.

I don't get what anyone sees in Ryan Adams. It just seems like super-bland sub-Springsteen Americana to me.
Like I say, not a big fan or nowt, but his voice is amazing, He's a good guitarist, and his band are great. The songs themselves I found almost like 80s MOR/AOR , but his delivery is really really good.

Like I say, not a big fan or nowt, but his voice is amazing, He's a good guitarist, and his band are great. The songs themselves I found almost like 80s MOR/AOR , but his delivery is really really good.
The only Ryan Adams thing I have is his version of Black Flag's "Nervous Breakdown" and I think it's class.

I love Adams. He has music in his veins and his guitars always sound really great.

Have the Suede set recorded, had it on last night while I did the dishes. I don't own any of their records but their set was brilliant. They have a tonne of tunes that I didn't know I knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back