Glasgow (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the tips one and all.
I had my deep-fried haggis... caused some murmurs around my heart area, so I was pleasently satiated.

The bouncers there are arseholes. Otherwise it's pretty cool. If I were 19, I'd move there.

I'm off to Glasgow in the morn.This thread has me stoked and I'm playing in Stereo tomorrow night at 9.30.I'm looking forward to it!

I'm heading to Glasgow this weekend!
Depending on the referendum result it might be totally mental!!
What do I need to know? How should I prepare?

the gallery of modern art is free in.
they had some awful shite in the ground floor space last time i was there (an open umbrella placed on the floor type shit) but a niki de saint phalle exhibition upstairs which was nice.

Exhibitions at GoMA

moyna flannigan looks decent

what are your plans? not that i know glasgow very well
Well I've gotten some good ideas from this thread (thanks Dudley!)
but any tips on good bars that play good indie tunes or bars/clubs would be most welcome.
I'm going with a mate to see Holy Holy perform David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World album!!

Glasgow's famous Pot Still Pub hosts the finest collection of malt whisky in Scotland.
Pot Still, an institution that dates from 1857 and is known for its atmosphere with a long wood bar and original Deco moldings. But the real draw is the selection of over 450 malt whiskies. Choose a classic like Lagavulin (£5.70) or Arran (£3.80).

Sub Club
Sub Club not only hosts indie bands like Hot Chip and Optimo but also plays cutting-edge dance music well into the night. In 2006, it built a large bodysonic floor, which means you will feel the bass frequencies through your feet. So get your dancing shoes ready.

I'm off to Glasgow in the morn.This thread has me stoked and I'm playing in Stereo tomorrow night at 9.30.I'm looking forward to it!
Holy fuck.This turned into quite the adventure.

I must write it down

I only half-remember. There was some high drama is all I can remember.

I do remember when we were kids one of our neighbours went off to Paris to watch Ireland V France and didn't come back for a fucking week or something. This is like 82 or something.
Married with kids and no one knew where he was for day after day. All the neighbours showing concern but really just wanted the goss. He eventually showed up and there was a massive row in front of the house that everyone was jammed up to their bedroom windows watching on the sly.
Basically your classic street theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back