Giving someone negative feedback on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
I gave some seller feedback which said "The seller didn't inform me that he had decided to send an item by surface mail, rather than air mail as agreed, until after he had sent the item" This is a fact. I paid for air mail but then he sent the sodding thing by surface mail without checking with me to see if that was alright. Anyway, he sent me some long essay today asking me to remove my comment because it was overly critical and unfair. I don't see what's overly critical or unfair about objectively stating a fact.

Anyone else ever get sellers crying to you about your feedback?

I'd nearly remove my feedback just to keep him happy except that he signed his email " PhD scientist and MBA", which means he's obviously a total twat.

In your feedback did you call him a cunt?

Noone likes being called a cunt. Perhaps if you removed that word?

If you used it.

I've had the same thing with people on ebay. Some fucker even went to the trouble of making up fake abusive emails from me to himso that he could get me banned, just so people wouldn't seem my one comment, which was about a phone i bought from the uk - paid about a tenner for recorded delivery so it wouldn't get damaged. Fucker sent it in a paper envelope by normal mail for £1.25. It was grand when it arrived but it was pure luck. Anyways, the rest of his comments were along the same lines so he got banned quick enough.

Anyways, who cares what the guy says? You're not leaving the feedback to make him look good, you're letting people know how you got on in your dealings with him. If he's norammly a great dude to deal with, the rest of his reviews will reflect this.

I gave some seller feedback which said "The seller didn't inform me that he had decided to send an item by surface mail, rather than air mail as agreed, until after he had sent the item" This is a fact. I paid for air mail but then he sent the sodding thing by surface mail without checking with me to see if that was alright. Anyway, he sent me some long essay today asking me to remove my comment because it was overly critical and unfair. I don't see what's overly critical or unfair about objectively stating a fact.

I'd nearly remove my feedback just to keep him happy except that he signed his email " PhD scientist and MBA", which means he's obviously a total twat.

Ask him to refund the money for the air mail postage. My sister had issues like this and yer man left a really long bullshit critical feedback after she complained.

I've done it on ebay and it ended up being a massive pain in the neck for me.. It was over the same issue you have and there was such a fuss over it.. I didn't retract it though

mate, so long as you told the truth don't be worrying about it.

You could come to an agreement however, that if he reimburses you the difference in postage costs (as a point of principle rather than for the money) then you might remove it.

I did this one with some fucker on ebay. He said he'd send me a 'free item' if I removed the negative feedback. I removed it. Still waiting on that 'free item', 2 years on.

So don't remove it til you get the money.

Presume it was amazon.com?

The Amazon Marketplace postage rate system is flawed when purchasing from the US.

There are separate rates for CDs, DVDs and books but no subdivisions within these charges.

If you buy a CD from Marketplace you are charged $5 postage regardless of whether is a single CD, a double CD or a multi-disc CD box set. Likewise for DVDs and books (which I think are charged at $9 irrespective of size)

Amazon decided to impose a standardised system for Marketplace because they are responsible for debiting your credit card and passing the funds onto the seller.

Generally speaking if it is one CD the $5 charge is sufficient to cover airmail but box sets will usually be sent surface mail as otherwise the seller has to make up the difference. I bought the Paul Simon box earlier this year (nine discs) and the seller contacted me saying that he would only send it airmail if I sent him another $10 through the post as the airmail charge was costing him in excess of $15. I paid up (by sending him a US dollar bank draft) mainly because a previous box set had taken seven weeks by surface mail. At least he went to the bother of giving me the option.

At the end of the day it's swings and roundabouts - some sales will see the seller win on postage, others will see them lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back