Give me your name and address... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
I really wish I could say I was shocked and appalled by this,unfortunately over the years I've come to never underestimate the idiocy and ignorance of a Culchie turned Gentleman

I thought the was going to be the census. anyways, i sorta agree with mel, i kinda hope it becomes an international buzz story by the time america wakes. wonder will @Inda ; make a statement. Indamedia.

Gardai joke about raping protesters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After two Corrib protesters are arrested their camera records the conversation of Gardai in which the joke about raping their captives from about 13 minutes in.

Wait, this is just a bunch of lads being idiots right? Were the women present at the time, within earshot? I really can't bring myself to watch a 38 minute video

Do they mention the wanking off to bratz dolls thread at any point?

Wait, this is just a bunch of lads being idiots right? Were the women present at the time, within earshot? I really can't bring myself to watch a 38 minute video

Do they mention the wanking off to bratz dolls thread at any point?

These are the people that women (and men) are supposed to go to after being the victim of sexual assault. They're joking about raping people who are being held against their will.... it's fairly sickening

The context is playing this one a bit so far as i can see. We expect them to be idiots, guys who finish school and go to templemore and get trained by people who went to templemore who were trained by people who finish school and go to templemore. They are public servants in uniform at work on decent wages and possibly overtime for being the shell oil building project defence troops. Its hardly beyond the imagination that a few lads in a transit to talk ill of women, but if they were ambulance, fire brigade etc etc the knees might jerk a bit further than they are. I'm probably rambling a bit but i think the level of expectation and the level of competence are most likely related in some way.

I just had a skip through it. They were talking shite in a car thinking they were unobserved. Its pure gobshitery and I'm not trying to defend it but I'd say you could get similar results if you secretly filmed a few bogger buffoons in any car.

based on this we can either surmise

a) that all gards are scumbags
b) that all lads are scumbags
c) all male gards are lads and are hence scumbags
d) this was a couple of lads in a car acting the prick and that they should be punished but its probably unfair to tarring all cops with the same brush.

d) for me.

andy grey how are ye
gordon brown how are ye
leslie neilsen in the naked gun 33 and a third how are ye

But it's not just a bunch of lads talking shite in a car, it's members of the Gardai joking about raping someone who is being held by them. There's a bit of difference. I'm astonished that you don't find this to be highly sinister.. I don't like to make such an obvious emotional connection as this, but if your girlfriend, daughter or any woman who you have a strong connection with had been arrested, and something like this was found afterwards, would you not be sickened?

But it's not just a bunch of lads talking shite in a car, it's members of the Gardai joking about raping someone who is being held by them. There's a bit of difference. I'm astonished that you don't find this to be highly sinister.. I don't like to make such an obvious emotional connection as this, but if your girlfriend, daughter or any woman who you have a strong connection with had been arrested, and something like this was found afterwards, would you not be sickened?

yes, but I wouldn't be blaming all gards unless all gards were in the car. Like I said, they should absolutely be punished.

In my experience, Gards are generally lazy clockwatchers only ever looking to make the easy arrest and to kill time. I know a few great ones, but they seem to be the exception.
Nothing in this video surprises me.
The rape comments here were made by a sergeant, the guy in charge, the one others look to for their lead.
I do not know anyone personally that makes jokes about rape. I'm not sure how you mitigate stuff like that or why you'd want to. This guy should lose his stripes over it.

But it's not just a bunch of lads talking shite in a car, it's members of the Gardai joking about raping someone who is being held by them. There's a bit of difference.

Oh there is not. We all know about the eejits the garda let into the force. They weren't making official statements they were talking shite in a car

I'm astonished that you don't find this to be highly sinister.. I don't like to make such an obvious emotional connection as this, but if your girlfriend, daughter or any woman who you have a strong connection with had been arrested, and something like this was found afterwards, would you not be sickened?

No I would not. I'd expect my girlfriend, daughter or any woman I have a strong connection with to be levelheaded and smart enough to be able to differentiate between genuine threats and stupid idle banter they accidentally overheard at a later date.

I'd also want an explanation as to what they were doing getting arrested but that's a whole different thing.

The rape comments here were made by a sergeant, the guy in charge, the one others look to for their lead.
I do not know anyone personally that makes jokes about rape. I'm not sure how you mitigate stuff like that or why you'd want to. This guy should lose his stripes over it.

Agreed. He obviously shouldn't have earned them in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back