Giu la testa (EQ5 24 07 09) (1 Viewer)

Diumraid

Earthquack this month features my DJ tribute (with added blarney) to the 4AD record label; both the label in its own right and as a jumping-off point for many musical adventures. There will be a double CDR set available on the night only. Tracklisting is:

Disc 1
01 This Mortal Coil: Kangaroo
02 Les Mysteres de Voix Bulgares: Pritouitze planinata
03 The Creatures: Mad-eyed screamer
04 Siouxsie and the Banshees: Fireworks
05 Dead Can Dance: Threshold
06 Cocteau Twins: Hazel (BBC session)
07 Budd, Raymonde, Guthrie, Fraser: She will destroy you
08 Rema Rema: Fond affections
09 Mass: You and I
10 Bauhaus: Rosegarden funeral of sores
11 Colin Newman: The classic remains
12 Colourbox: Tarantula
13 Dif Juz: Roy’s tray
14 Magazine: Back to nature
15 Breathless: Waiting on the wire
16 Spoonfed Hybrid: Tiny planes
17 Star Turn: Pump up the bitter
18 Cindytalk: Muster

Disc 2
01 Sun Kil Moon: Lost verses
02 Throwing Muses: America (she can’t say no) demo version
03 Pixies: Alec Eiffel
04 Tim Buckley: Song to the siren (appearance on The Monkees TV show)
05 Mary Margaret O’Hara: Help me lift you up
06 Tom Rapp: Forbidden city
07 Big Star: Thirteen
08 Gary Ogan and Bill Lamb: I want to live
09 Chris Bell: I am the cosmos
10 Gene Clark: No other
11 The Birthday Party: Pleasure heads (BBC session)
12 Pieter Nooten: Searching
13 His Name Is Alive: Man on the silver mountain
14 Turn On: Delimiting
15 Van Morrisson: Come here my love
16 Scott Walker: Track 6
17 Brian Eno: Kurt’s rejoinder
18 David Sylvian: Pop song

Might be of interest to some.

18 Cindytalk: Muster

fyi (from the _current_ www.secondlayer.co.uk update):
Cindytalk Silver Shoals Of Light Bluesanct one-sided 10 inch (ltd.500) £6.99

"Bluesanct is incredibly excited that the third release in our Art Singles series is by one of our all-time favourite artists, Cindytalk. This time it will be a 10" to facilitate the sonics involved. One-sided vinyl with screen-printed b-side and printed sleeve.
The concept behind this series is to celebrate the 10th year of the label with a series of releases that give us excuse to work with some of our biggest influences. And there is barely a larger influence on my own music and art than Gordon Sharp and Cindytalk.
Silver Shoals Of Light is quintessential Cindytalk... written and produced by Gordon Sharp and Matt Kinnison... drum machine ticks along gorgeous bass pulses up against Gordon's vocals... leading to a climax of dissonance.
The sleeve is a full-colour front image and silver letterpress image/text back. Limited to 500 copies on blackvinyl with pearl ink." - Bluesanct.

fyi (from the _current_ www.secondlayer.co.uk update):
Cindytalk Silver Shoals Of Light Bluesanct one-sided 10 inch (ltd.500) £6.99

"Bluesanct is incredibly excited that the third release in our Art Singles series is by one of our all-time favourite artists, Cindytalk. This time it will be a 10" to facilitate the sonics involved. One-sided vinyl with screen-printed b-side and printed sleeve.
The concept behind this series is to celebrate the 10th year of the label with a series of releases that give us excuse to work with some of our biggest influences. And there is barely a larger influence on my own music and art than Gordon Sharp and Cindytalk.
Silver Shoals Of Light is quintessential Cindytalk... written and produced by Gordon Sharp and Matt Kinnison... drum machine ticks along gorgeous bass pulses up against Gordon's vocals... leading to a climax of dissonance.
The sleeve is a full-colour front image and silver letterpress image/text back. Limited to 500 copies on blackvinyl with pearl ink." - Bluesanct.

I've yet to hear this... do you have it?

good stuff. This Mortal Coil's three LPs shunted me off in many directions in an attempt to track down all the original tunes. Sequencing looks great on them discs.

Aye! there's a lot of nice confluence as well with The Hope Blister coming around to covering D Sylvian and 4AD signing Scott Walker. Have you ever heard the original of 'Rosegarden funeral of sores'? Still one of the lost threads in the tapestry...

Aye! there's a lot of nice confluence as well with The Hope Blister coming around to covering D Sylvian and 4AD signing Scott Walker. Have you ever heard the original of 'Rosegarden funeral of sores'? Still one of the lost threads in the tapestry...

Rosegarden... is on the reissue of Sabotage. I don't have the record but have heard mp3s of it. That first Hope Blister LP is nice - great originals too

Rosegarden... is on the reissue of Sabotage. I don't have the record but have heard mp3s of it. That first Hope Blister LP is nice - great originals too

Things have changed since I were a lad... I've never even seen the reissue of Sabotage...
THB was a big disappointment for me in many ways, particularly having only one vocalist, and the fact that the vocals were so heavy-handed. I'm getting a disc of instrumental versions of the tracks soon, looking forward to hearing it.

the originals of the eight Hope Blister tracks sit well together.

Just got to hear the 'Underarms' disc of 'Underarms and sideways' by The Hope Blister - I'm really impressed; more spacious and beautiful, in my opinion, than anything similar produced by TMC or THB before...

Also got the orig of 'Rosegarden..' and so have decided that the DJ set will be another new part of the presentation, similarly I've tried to write my thoughts relating to the discs down and will address a couple of other ideas in the presentation. It's a lot of work..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back