Gigs you're embarrassed about (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
I went to U2 POP.
Lady Di had just croaked it that morning.
Bono tried to heal the rift between Ireland and England.
Cant we just get along?
People teared up.

I should really have been old enough to know better.

sorry flashback, i cant rep you twice in one thread!

You guyze are so lame. Did they put on a decent show? Who the fuck cares if it you were entertained.
I saw Bosco when I was 6, god I'm morto now I'm mad into dubstep.

I saw Boyzone everytime they played Dublin,I was only 6 when I started, not ashamed at all, had to start somewhere. I think I was at some of those Foo fighters gigs with you. The first one was when I was 12 or 13 in the Olympia but I remember that being pretty excellent

Symposium in the Music Centre. Absolute rubbish. A were good though, the support band.

I went to see Andy Williams about 8 years ago in the Point. I guess some people would be embarrassed about that but I'm not, it was amazing. I was at At The Drive In the night before or the weekend before, quite a contrast.

I saw Boyzone everytime they played Dublin,I was only 6 when I started, not ashamed at all, had to start somewhere. I think I was at some of those Foo fighters gigs with you. The first one was when I was 12 or 13 in the Olympia but I remember that being pretty excellent

Not saying I didn't enjoy them, it's just I'm way cool now. Still have the stubs on my noticeboard.

I think I have some the Red Hot Chili Peppers, thats probably way less cool now that I think about it

I'm embarrassed about plenty of gigs Ive played, but none I've been at.

Isn't it confusing when people talk about 'uncool' gigs that they're not embarrassed about? Look at the thread title!

I burn when I think of the Rollins Band supported by the Red Hot Socky Mickys in SFX 1991 .... I want that evening back. I didn't go to very many gigs.

Scissor Sisters in Belfast, a couple of days after the Indian Ocean tsunami. There was a spare ticket going.

Support came from Mylo and some local New York Dolls-y bunch.

Near the start yer wan made a speech about how, as a New York band, they felt a kinship with the people of Belfast - terrorism etc etc. 3000-ish dead etc etc.

There was a song dedicated to "anyone who had to work in retail this Christmas - we've been there. We got out of that thanks to YOU."

They kept banging on about oral sex for some reason. "Hey, Aer Lingus - hahaha." "A word of advice: perform oral sex"

A lull came when they dedicated their only vaguely sombre song to the victims of the tsunami. Then it was straight back to the bacchanalian carnality: "COS YOUR FILTHY!" Seamless.

In the queue outside beforehand there was some old guy handing out religious calenders illustrated with lambs and suchlike.

SAVE ULSTER FROM SODOMY.

edit: fuck it, that was a great night out

I went to Steps and S Club 7, I was embarassed then, because I generally had relatively good taste in music for my age, couldn't care less anymore though, they were deadly gigs, had a great night on both occasions!

I saw Bosco when I was 6, god I'm morto now I'm mad into dubstep.

i saw bosco live as well at father matthew hall when i was about that age as well. he put on some performance.

i remember it like yesterday, i arrived down for breakfast and dad said you're not going to school today, you're going to bosco!

but im not embarrassed at all - he's better than most of the metal bands out there these days anyway.

Scissor Sisters in Belfast, a couple of days after the Indian Ocean tsunami. There was a spare ticket going.

Support came from Mylo and some local New York Dolls-y bunch.

Near the start yer wan made a speech about how, as a New York band, they felt a kinship with the people of Belfast - terrorism etc etc. 3000-ish dead etc etc.

There was a song dedicated to "anyone who had to work in retail this Christmas - we've been there. We got out of that thanks to YOU."

They kept banging on about oral sex for some reason. "Hey, Aer Lingus - hahaha." "A word of advice: perform oral sex"

A lull came when they dedicated their only vaguely sombre song to the victims of the tsunami. Then it was straight back to the bacchanalian carnality: "COS YOUR FILTHY!" Seamless.

In the queue outside beforehand there was some old guy handing out religious calenders illustrated with lambs and suchlike.

SAVE ULSTER FROM SODOMY.

edit: fuck it, that was a great night out

I was just about to say there's nothing to be embarrassed about after that account of the gig!

at least you saw them when they were good!

I was at this too! Or was it 1995. I was only 13, 14 or something, nothing to be embarrassed about! It ROCKED

yeah at the time, but these are gigs we are embarrassed about now, right?!
:p

I saw placebo in whelans:eek:

i saw them in the sfx, forgot to add to my original list!

i trump you all

i went to see the eagles in the r.d.s. - with my parents

they were kind of rockin

excuse me - there is NOTHING embarrassing about that! i've professed my love for timothy b schmidt somewhere on thumped before...
anyway. eagles - deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back