Gigs you're embarrassed about (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
Scissor Sisters in Belfast, a couple of days after the Indian Ocean tsunami. There was a spare ticket going.

Support came from Mylo and some local New York Dolls-y bunch.

Near the start yer wan made a speech about how, as a New York band, they felt a kinship with the people of Belfast - terrorism etc etc. 3000-ish dead etc etc.

There was a song dedicated to "anyone who had to work in retail this Christmas - we've been there. We got out of that thanks to YOU."

They kept banging on about oral sex for some reason. "Hey, Aer Lingus - hahaha." "A word of advice: perform oral sex"

A lull came when they dedicated their only vaguely sombre song to the victims of the tsunami. Then it was straight back to the bacchanalian carnality: "COS YOUR FILTHY!" Seamless.

In the queue outside beforehand there was some old guy handing out religious calenders illustrated with lambs and suchlike.

SAVE ULSTER FROM SODOMY.

edit: fuck it, that was a great night out
I saw the Scissor Sisters about this time last year in New York. I hated them before I saw them but they were deadly and now I don't hate them.

I am very unembarrassable when it comes to music.

The Coronas at a black-tie charity do which incorporated a broadcast of an Irish rugby match into procedings. Beat that.

worst thread ever

comic-book-guy-13018.jpg

Me and Damo of Mongolia fame went to Papa Roach on the Point because I got free tickets that were being handed out at Central Bank, we moshed our socks off, also the drummer from Slipknot's band was playing. That wasn't embarrassing though, one gig that was though, was this American guy that did "Heavy Metal Spoken-Word" in Boh's. That was excruciating. I actually though I was going mad from the agony of it.

So you were a little girl once. Nothing to be embarrassed about, dude.

just had a vision of you as a little girl cormac... scary shit like
250px-Missingwho03.JPG

Symposium in the Music Centre. Absolute rubbish. A were good though, the support band.

jaysus, i remember "a" - my kerrang days just came flooding back

one gig that was though, was this American guy that did "Heavy Metal Spoken-Word" in Boh's. That was excruciating. I actually though I was going mad from the agony of it.

how does heavy metal spoken word work? sounds... interesting
:confused:
leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back