Gigs are a deadly buzz (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
This is a thread just for blabbin about gigs because they're such a deadly buzz. For the last year or so I fuckin hated shows. Dunno why, but I've just started enjoying them again.

The best gig I ever ever went to was Cardiacs in Doncaster in 99. I have never felt so elated and in awe of a band in my life. I think it's one of the happiest moments of my life. Also, seeing Nomeansno live for the first time in 94 in the Furnace. Fucking unreal. These things just make me so happy to think about em.
I'm really glad I got to see Pixies live last year too, great show, not incredible, but I fulfilled my ambition of seeing my top 5 favourite bands of all time live.

So inanyways, I'm very excited about Rufus Wainwright next Tuesday. I :heart: Rufus. I'm listening to Want One over and over while I write essays (Oi, Dermody, 500 lines: Thumped does not = 'getting some work done') and I can't concentrate. Also can't wait for Hot Snakes. Ah gigs.

i'm looking forward to shitmat, bong-ra, enduser and dj scotch eggs who will be playing here on the 26th. Monsters of Mash-up tour 2005.

aoifed said:
This is a thread just for blabbin about gigs because they're such a deadly buzz. For the last year or so I fuckin hated shows. Dunno why, but I've just started enjoying them again.

The best gig I ever ever went to was Cardiacs in Doncaster in 99. I have never felt so elated and in awe of a band in my life. I think it's one of the happiest moments of my life. Also, seeing Nomeansno live for the first time in 94 in the Furnace. Fucking unreal. These things just make me so happy to think about em.
I'm really glad I got to see Pixies live last year too, great show, not incredible, but I fulfilled my ambition of seeing my top 5 favourite bands of all time live.

So inanyways, I'm very excited about Rufus Wainwright next Tuesday. I :heart: Rufus. I'm listening to Want One over and over while I write essays (Oi, Dermody, 500 lines: Thumped does not = 'getting some work done') and I can't concentrate. Also can't wait for Hot Snakes. Ah gigs.

yeah! i went through a while of being fed up with gigs (spent too much time seeing local bands - 99% of which are shite).
then it all got good again when black eyes and liars and stuff came over. so many good gigs last year as well.
really looking forward to hot snakes, les georges leningrad, wolf eyes etc etc

I've seen very few really good gigs recently - the best was by a band from Boston called The Konks. Standing-up singing drummer with just a snare and a floor tom. Very garagey, but damn exciting. Lots of use of the word 'motherfucker', which always helps a song climb out of mediocrity.

Going to see The Wrens next week, and eh, us on Tuesday.

This will be a class summer for gigs, in fairness. Nick Cave and the Arcade Fire top my list.

I hardly ever go to non-local gigs
Hmmm actually I don't go to too may gigs of any sort. Perhaps I should start. Ah all the gigs I've missed cos I thought they might be good but not quite brilliant - Bowie in the Olympia that time, Bjork in the Olympia, Missy Elliot, Kelis. All those missed opportunities
Have to be up for a gig though dontcha? Went to see Patti Smith in the Olympia in an exhausted state once and just couldn't get off my shit buzz and onto her deadly one

Kerbdog two fridays in a row was brilliant. Whipping boy at a youth disco in clonakilty about eight or ten years ago was incredible. The first time i saw NOFX in boston was great. The best though was getting to watch Flogging Molly from the side of the stage in new york three years ago - 60,000 american mohawk kids going fuckin nuts to fired up irish music *sigh*

egg_ said:
just couldn't get off my shit buzz and onto her deadly one

That just about sums up how I felt for the last year.
I don't really regret shit, but I do regret not seeing REM on their Green world tour, being alive to see Zepplin and the fact that Kate Bush won't play live.

Lefty Frizzell went to whitesnake couple months ago. Could'nt speak for a week after. Wish i'd went to whitesnake couple months ago. Where are you Lefty? Do tell.

broken arm said:
i'm looking forward to shitmat, bong-ra, enduser and dj scotch eggs who will be playing here on the 26th. Monsters of Mash-up tour 2005.
dis dancehall ting is better than that t.v. ting tony. that line-up looks pretty amazing.

ddmurph said:
dis dancehall ting is better than that t.v. ting tony. that line-up looks pretty amazing.

warning. here = cardiff.

they had an open date on the tour and I don't know if someone in ireland picked up on it.

nearly got to see tom waits in engerland last ear, but did'nt. gotta see him before he snuffs it too. Gutted that i'll never see Ray Charles live either. Him's the leader of the band.

i think the ex anniversary gig in amsterdam was actually one of the happiest times of my life. and that trans am gig in whelans. melt banana in the music centre. butthole surfers, jesus lizard, primus and alice donut, all one after another in reading 93. gigs are fucking cool. they make me mad happy in the head. playing can be cool too.

"start your own band!" mike watt, whelans, dublin 12/05/05.

bad ass motherfucker.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
what is it like in a mosh?

member my cousin explaining moshing to me when i was 10 and getting into Maiden. he drew me pictures and everything, based on his experiences at the Top Hat.

first moshing experience i ever had this big fat fuck (6' 8" and built like the truck driver from texas chainsaw massacre) did a stage dive onto a bunch of little lads. most of them got out the way and he hit the deck and broke his ankle.

another fat man stagedived in my direction once and it was so packed i couldnt even get my hands up to cover my eyes in terror. so i got about 18stone of rocker straight on the head. actually heard my neck crack, but i was grand!

at a gig in the sfx there was this lad crowd surfing and my mate said he had a boner. which he found out as he surfed over his head. dirty rocker

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back