• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 7

W.

fuck dialectics
Since 2000
steam pig,puget sound,my new band,heavy danza,dograck..

starts 8.30 .. costs €5 ..

benefit for barry lennon.

weeler, weeler weeler ...

Really! You'll be giving people the wrong impression with your 'benefit for barry lennon' .. you left out the part where money raised goes towards the production of the underground art book.
The gig was great - kudos to the bayside bands heavy danza and dograck - 2 excellent bands that im glad 2 have heard. ... however, not that many people were there to see them, especially H.D. as they were on first. Why is it that most people only arrive half way through the gig - I mean, you've paid for the whole shabang, so why not go crazy and be there to see some of the newer bands on the scene. This ISN'T just because I happened to be playing early tonight, but rather because it's the truth and something that many people notice, and often scorn. It's great that people do turn up to gigs, but why not go to a gig where most of the bands are not as established.. So come on people, support your local scene!!

..and go to the all ages afternoon gig in parnell mooneys on sunday (done by kilcoolies) because the money raised is going to the rape crisis centre.

x deena x

i swear some of the older "punx" probably dont know there are bands other than pugetsound, steam pig etc.. They only ever show up while those bands are playing.

i say older but to be honest some are barely older than me, such a bullshit attitude to have within a scene, Heavy danza played their whole set to about 7 ppl (who weren't in bands playing that night) and last sunday Scientific Bong played to a grand audience of about 12 ppl.

hurrah for punk, we can change the world, no really.. . :p

maybe the "older" punx dont like the other bands and therefore dont go to see them?? werent you giving out cos people were giving you stick about not goin to see gigs and then u said that you would only go to see bands you liked?

most of the people who show up late have been at home trying to get as many cans into them as possible, *shock horror* have been in work or standing in front of a mirror spiking their hair and/or sticking more wax on their dreadlock(s).

this is not on, and its certainly not punk. To combat this, we need to chip in for a van to pickup everyone on time. maybe we can have a session on the road, make a real night out of it. What do ya say? Maybe we can have a benefit for it. We can bring over another foreign band that noone's heard of, but are meant to be GREAT.

CARPOOL PUNX.|..|

Originally posted by ian bastardcore
maybe the "older" punx dont like the other bands and therefore dont go to see them?? werent you giving out cos people were giving you stick about not goin to see gigs and then u said that you would only go to see bands you liked?

In fairness i would only say that about bands i've already seen/heard.

The problem isnt ppl showing up for bands they like - the problem is ppl only show up for bands they know.

...as it was, there was only about 15 people there. Now here's a band thats travelled all the way down from France to play in front of a handful of people. Its better to show up late than not at all. If you had a choice to see a gig over the week, see the band thats travelled furthest, coz your less likely to see em again and anyway, you should put in the fukin effort.
I find it hilarious that you all start giving out about people being so lazy and none of yis were at that gig. Maybe weeler, your upset that there wasnt enuff people to see ur band? :p

I have to say that I agree with Weeler & Deena to a certain extent, but I'm as guilty as anyone of it...just as everyone is at times...doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to bring it up though, or be attacked for doing so...

On the other hand though, people don't magically become popular...a good few people would go to a gig because, say, Bastard Youth or Scared Shitless were playing, and they've both only been around a short while.

If a band are any good then people will go to see them, sooner or later. But at the same time I've put on some deadly gigs in Roscommon and ended up broken-hearted when nobody comes, despite the band being great (Endstand were a good example of this). Still, all we can do is try...

By the way, the deena-mark-weeler band were deadly. Have you taken up smoking Deena? I can get you a good deal, eh?

well .. i saw scientific bong last sunday went to barrys gig on friday and then the all ages gig yesterday, oly ..
you hardly expect me to show up to a gig every single day this week do you ?

:eek:

blah

on this whole topic,i didnt really mind that there wasnt that many people to see us playing,but felt sorry for the first band who played to about 5 people..... people have different reasons for going to a gig late,like boozing,smoking,homework,work,or any other things,which is fair enough,cos everyone's been late for gigs for some reason or other,mine woulda been the feckin buses problem most time.i like going to see bands ive never seen before rather than the same ones the whole time,but everyones different...

yee haw

I like going to gigs because Blah and I try to go to every gig because ....... and sometimes I don't go to a gig because ........ L I don't go to a gig because I don't Fuckin feel like it, even if I really like the band. Maybe people just don't feel like talkin shite to people, or want to dance but can't because of idiot dancing or the feeling that everyone is judging you by what you do or say when your drunk. Maybe they just can't afford it. I will have an enlistment form at the next gig to join the irish scene police. Members must have the following: a willingness to put other people down, a right to say whatever they like to whoever they like, a sense of self importance, a disturbingly big record collection and a knowledge of members of some band that was in some other band who went on to form that band ( lessons from the metalers) and above all a feeling that the Irish punk scene would be lost without them. Payment for the force will come in literature, 7"s and respect. Enroling now.

"a right to say whatever they like to whoever they like,"
These so called "punks" ruining the scene thinking they can say whatever they feel like saying....
Fuck off spa.

older punx

WHERE WERE YOU IN '79 WHEN THE DAM BEGAN TO BURST
DID YOU CHECK 'EM OUT DOWN AT YOUR LOCAL STORE
WERE YOU WEARING DENIM, WEARING LEATHER DID YOU RUN DOWN TO THE FRONT
DID YOU QUEUE FOR YOUR TICKET THROUGH THE ICE & SNOW

NOW THAT'S PUNK..FUCK ALL THE NEW SHITE.

Originally posted by abdul alhazerad
"a right to say whatever they like to whoever they like,"
These so called "punks" ruining the scene thinking they can say whatever they feel like saying....
Fuck off spa.

in fairness there is a lot of fucking "i'll say what i want regardless of how harsh it is and what the consequences might be"
(mostly on the net and anonymously)
but on the other hand, isnt that what makes us "irish punx" ? and seperates us from the rest of civilised society our complete inability to be nice.. .

and 'spa' is a fuckin horrible word .. . Prick is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back