Gig in Kilcoole This sat Dec4th (3 Viewers)

weeler said:
We were messing with you,
wheeler said:
how was i to know that...it seemed pretty serious from where i was standing
you guys were around me going 'what the fuck etc...'

weeler said:
A rumour which every member of the band had been told though, how were we to know it wasn't true.
weeler said:
because do ya ever think i would do anything like that? ask anybody that knows me and they'll set ya straight on that.

mc moley said:
i was taking a piss and next thing you an a few of your friends had formed a semi circle around me and were askin me what was up with our supposed attempt to ''jump you on stage''.
something i didnt know anything about and came from a absurd joke someone from town made.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

heh. listen i was in the bathroom at the time and there was no semi circle made at all. there was a bunch of people standing around talking, myself included tho i had nothing to do at all with the argument or anything so i certainly wasnt trying to intimidate anyone. i was just talking to someone.

unfun.jpg

DeAd_KeV said:
heh. listen i was in the bathroom at the time and there was no semi circle made at all. there was a bunch of people standing around talking, myself included tho i had nothing to do at all with the argument or anything so i certainly wasnt trying to intimidate anyone. i was just talking to someone.
But either way, Darragh felt cornered and that's bad enough in a fairly open space, but the jacks in there is about the size of a television y'know? I'm just directing this at you cos you said somethin about it, not accusing you-i understand that you weren't involved.

ok, i wasnt gonna write anything more on this thread cuz it really has gotten fukin hilarious... BUT! a point... i was thinking... about equality... did someone mention something earlier about, u no? letting ppl hu u knew cud handle it, like, allow them to drink? well thats all very well BUT thats not very equal? SO.... let everyone drink? and then get shut down... SO have it on the sly? HOWEVER: there are a great number of attendees who are still to look up the word 'subtle' in the dictionary... CONCLUSION! i did my best at that gig to leave alcohol out, not only cuz i dont want kids that just come to get fucked up and "hug as many people as possable", but we run the risk of getting shut down. this included a 'dry (as possible) crew' so there's yer equality. i dont, of course, have a problem with mates drinking at the gigs, but, plain and simple, it cant be allowed. the guys at the door were told to allow mates to drink round the back, but not to let dumb kids to do so... so all very black and white: drink wasnt allowed in cuz we wudnt be allowed put on any more gigs AND, a point that has been over looked: that meant us too... alls fair in luv and war and everything added up together, principals, ideals, interests, foresight... i did my best not to let any drink in the gaff whatsoever... sorry for being a snot earlier...

sure people can drink at gigs if they want. but not all ages gigs by basta! If they dont like it, toguh they're not the ones who have to deal with people being fuckin spas. If you'd bothered goin out to any of these recent gigs you'd know exactly what we're talking about. Unfortunatley your sitting in front of your computer screen passing judgment on it which means fuck all as you havnt experienced the circumstances. simple.

Basta is a name i saw and liked, it was appropriate, so what if its in a different languge. its a name like im more concered with what we're trying to do, doesnt matter what its called. i agree all-ages gigs are insubstancial in comparison to struggles alse where but if you read our mission statemeant you'd know thats not all we plan on doing. all-ages gigs are a small but important factor in bringing people together for the other projects.

*deep breath*

I didn't even look at this thread until now...should know better than to add my own 2 cents but there's a lot of stuff here that really galls me and is symptomatic of more than just the incident at hand...

The Kilcoole gig organisers are totally and completely in the right here.

I think it's just bizzarre that you accused others of barbs and sly digs, Weeler, when you were totally gutter-sniping all the way through this -e.g. trying to discredit Kev when he gave his opinion on people drinking at gigs, trying to portray your nastiness as "well I'm not going to not ask questions just cos I might step on people's toes", etc. Inexcusable bullshit.

What the Kilcoole kids are/have been doing is amazing. What's been acheived by them is phenomenal. Seriously.

I too have of course brought cans and smoked bifts at gigs and in venues where we've been asked not to. But not when there's a situation like the 'coolies one hanging in the balance. At pubs is a very different affair altogether. I'd probably have been all "ah lads!" about the bag-searching, but I still agree it's necessary. Most kids don't give a SHITE about peoples' struggles to do punk gigs and that...I know I didn't when I was that age...and maybe if you (Weeler) had experience of putting on gigs like this you'd realise the difficulties involved and wouldn't stand on an ideological pedestal "calling people on their shit" (give me a fucking break).

As far as I recall, thinking about this, there was more than once where you exacerbated problems we had with pigs & venues and caused a lot of shit for us by acting the bollix at gigs we were doing in Roscommon 4/5 years ago.

You reckon the lads' were happy to have to search peoples' bags? Yeah, I'd say they got a great buzz out of it. Tremendous. Maybe if YOU'D built something from nothing and saw it being wrecked by various young buzzies, as opposed to the actual kids who appreciate it and are well into it, then you'd have a very different attitude altogether.

Fuck this. Kilcoole lads: well done, keep it up and don't let the piss-artists get to you. Please please please don't be discouraged and keep doing what you do.

Corm said:
As far as I recall, thinking about this, there was more than once where you exacerbated problems we had with pigs & venues and caused a lot of shit for us by acting the bollix at gigs we were doing in Roscommon 4/5 years ago.
"you're getting carried away.. with these revisions and gaps in history"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back