Gig in Kilcoole This sat Dec4th (1 Viewer)

kev, honestly. Pot - Kettle - black .

good to see you listening to the postal service, they soft rock!!

i was referring to your infamous drunken youth which gave you the name "deadkev" due to your ability to drink until you were little more than a corpse with a pulse, meanwhile a sober phil was also little more than a corpse with a pulse... and we all had spikey hair.. what times!!

jesus i think people can be so fuckin precious about shit liek this, dylan and co and whoever puts on gigs shouldnt have to search bags, they should ask if they can store their drink somewhere safe til the gig is over, like fuck sake are we that socially retarded that we cant enjoy music without being fucked up. If people were all cool and responsible that would be great and people would not bring cans in, but sadly alot of people who go to gigs are spoilt fuckers who don't seem to realise that actions have consequences, thus if people keep doin this it'll end the gigs.

(nooly, dunno... cant explain... sorry for confusing u)
that was pig horses that got slashed... u no the way they have loads of them out here in the country on account of us not having any drivable roads... for some reason i dont think the person who got mentioned for the slashing will mind too much... for some reason (?). the pigs always show up. they werent pissed off at the last one, on account of there being no drunk goths, but they (he) had a special directive from the boss, and that was to sniff out the organiser of fegan fest. i think fegan fest is the only gig in kilcoole where an incident occured, besides haloween and the skate jam, but they had nothing to do with gigs...
(here dara... thats not a gig!!!)
"we were practicing."... how did i guess... here look, its exactly how i imagined it... lads, heres the deal. we/ no, ill take the rap on my own... burn me to the ground... i get kicks out of, u no? the rush, the control... dont u ever get it? that feeling coursing thru yer veins? if u had the ability to look within the personal lives of others u wud too, power corrupts, aint that right corm? and fukin hell, i cudnt help myself, i even got a few of the chumps back to my lair and had my authoritive way with them... jeezus, i feel like a junky, i mean really, the high is incredible, u shuda seen the look of awe in their eyes: "this man has the power to look in my bag and now im gonna fukin right a gospel about his beautiful work"... fuck this underground shit! im off to get myself a career... i heard u can get paid for feeling like this! or maybe ill just join the guards.
fair enuff u say its not personal but give us some fuking credit...
"Not going to Dylan's gig delayed The Revolution, silly.
First against the wall." -wow. finally it happened... its the fucking punk coup

what the fuck does slashign a horse involve? ya mean fuckin stabbin or slittin the poor thing, if so fuck that!

and nice one ed, totally think people gettin all uppity about people being asked to leave their cans, people on this board saying that makes those who put on that gig 'authority figures' fuck that and grow up.

Dylan said:
Excuse me but i wasn't aware the EZLN had the words "Ya Basta" copyrighted! The word means enough is enough which we apply to our own situation to mean enough is enough of there being no fucking all ages gigs, no initiaves by young people to act, no medium for them to do so, so we're taking it into our own hands to do it! EZLN can sue us if they don't like it.
not slagging but i did have the thought before it didn't make much sense to use the name ya basta for an irish collective. grand the translation can be applied to the dire situation of all-ages gigs in ireland, even if eh, somewhat trivial compared to zapatista armed rebellion, but what does the spanish phrase have to do with ireland? i know 'is leor sin!' doesn't have the same ring, but....why undermine your own initiative by looking to other groups for a label for people to identify with?

i dont have a problem with drink at gigs, i do it all the time myself.
and dylan i dont think we need to get rid of drinking at gigs either. its a fairly sociable thing. just at these gigs its a bit of a different story. i wouldnt have any problem with kids showin up drunk and sneakin off to pump a can somewhere in the bushes or something. i do have a problem with the lack of respect that some of the younger kids that have been surfacing at kilcoole gigs lately have when they;re drunk. they drink till they puke, fall all over the place in front of the likes of the cops, parents etc etc. its just stupid.
i think this was a little attempt at stomping out that kinda behaviour.

also wheeler if you have a problem with the way we do things do here i would love to discuss it with you. it seems everytime we post anything up here you have something negative to say. i couldnt give a shit if ya dont like me/us/ the group whatever just say that rayther than bein a negative shit

mc moley said:
also wheeler if you have a problem with the way we do things do here i would love to discuss it with you. it seems everytime we post anything up here you have something negative to say. i couldnt give a shit if ya dont like me/us/ the group whatever just say that rayther than bein a negative shit
If i think something is full of shit then i'm gonna call it, simple as, being deemed a "negative shit" by some1 who's opinion doesn't matter to me at all will not change that.
At the end of the day I'd rather question things that seem not right to me than worry about other people perceiving me as "negative".

(also, noone has made a personal attack on kilcoole in this thread yet your replies are full of barbs and sly digs, maybe YOU should stop being so negative.)

spuded said:
jesus i think people can be so fuckin precious about shit liek this, dylan and co and whoever puts on gigs shouldnt have to search bags, they should ask if they can store their drink somewhere safe til the gig is over, like fuck sake are we that socially retarded that we cant enjoy music without being fucked up.

yes, we certainly are, anyway you're fond of the old hip flask of southern comfort yourself

i think my posts are fairly civil, with exception fro that last one.
it just seems to me that you go through everybodys posts looking for shit to call them on. that to me is not really sound.

and i think it's something more than 'calling people on their shit' in your attitude to me anyway....like for instance the whole hip hop thread that you were just looking to cause trouble with and cornering me in the bogs of the voodoo lounge with your friends at our release.....that was rediculous was it not?

im not loosing any sleep over all this and i know your not either but why are ya bothering?

mc moley said:
.like for instance the whole hip hop thread that you were just looking to cause trouble with and cornering me in the bogs of the voodoo lounge with your friends at our release.....that was rediculous was it not?

im not loosing any sleep over all this and i know your not either but why are ya bothering?
Your hiphop thread reeked of condescension and I have no idea what you are talking about to do with cornering you in the jacks?
What the fuck are you talking about?

i was taking a piss and next thing you an a few of your friends had formed a semi circle around me and were askin me what was up with our supposed attempt to ''jump you on stage''.
something i didnt know anything about and came from a absurd joke someone from town made.

i thought it was funny as hell that you thought we were gonna fuck with you guys and you's were making it look like i was about to get fucked with too untill some of the thieving liars came in and the whole thing ended up getting resolved. remember?

mc moley said:
i was taking a piss and next thing you an a few of your friends had formed a semi circle around me and were askin me what was up with our supposed attempt to ''jump you on stage''.
something i didnt know anything about and came from a absurd joke someone from town made.

i thought it was funny as hell that you thought we were gonna fuck with you guys and you's were making it look like i was about to get fucked with too untill some of the thieving liars came in and the whole thing ended up getting resolved. remember?
We were messing with you, I had already been told that the whole "coolies set to ruin burnit.. set" thing was a rediculous rumour - A rumour which every member of the band had been told though, how were we to know it wasn't true.

IT WAS A JOKE and a member of the theiving liars coming into the toilet had nothing to do with it being resolved, we were messing with you and were in no way trying to intimidate you it's a small toilet.

That's so petty, anything else you'd like me to straighten out for you?

and my hip hop thread was in no way condescending. i was looking forward to that gig, and seeing gary rap and all that.....and it was fucking deadly.
to be honest i have no idea why ya thought i was ripping it outta him i was just lookin forward to geting drunk and watching him.
i thought you were just being a bitter bastard and trying to start something, but i guees you read it wrong or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back