Gig in Kilcoole This sat Dec4th (4 Viewers)

Sean (V.D.) said:
Well maybe the lower deck would still be holding gigs if they'd taken people's cans at the door.
yeah but everyone would spend the night outside with their cans instead, which is what happened anyway

I have to admit when i first got to the gig in kilcoole and seen that we were checking bags i was a bit like a jaysus, but everyone got their cans and dollie mixtures back, so who cares all they had to do is go down the road get a bit pissed either hide their cans or hand them over to us go into the gig, rock out, go out get your cans again, and alls happy, they arent aloud drink inside anyway so who gives a flying toss.
and Wheeler comparing it to a toxic or GZ gig is silly, how many all ages gigs has either of them put on? my guess would be none. and how many of their gigs has the average age of 13 years. my guess again would be none. so not letting people drink at our gigs makes a bit of sense, if damo or john tried it that would make NO sense.

brook said:
so not letting people drink at our gigs makes a bit of sense, QUOTE]
too fuckin right it makes complete sense, it seems that some peoples argument revolves around a fareytale anarchist utopia , that for some reason involves kids falling around the place drunk, and I admidt im not very weel read thus the shite spelling , so i mustn of got to the bit in the EZLN book that said we are fightin for freedom of our people and our land and for young punks everywhere to be allowed bring cans into gigs, Ya Basta to all those people on the doors of gigs not lettin drunkin weens in.I havnt researhed it so maybe im completly wrong but im pretty sure if ya walked into a zapatista bar with yer own bag of cans, just cause ya wanted ta hear the tunes on the jukebox ya be told were ta go with a kick in the bollix soon enough.

they like to keep tabs on us anyway....but usually they come in to most gigs make sure we're not doin anything too illegal and then leave...its been pretty grad usually but the last three gigs have ended in them being pissed off.....so i bet they'll try somthing like getting imro onto us again or something like that.
next gig is on the 23rd featuring:
the back doors(kilcooles musical meakan family's tribute to the doors)langdon beck, i think soliders take half and then some bands from around the country im sure. eoin (ed in mouths brother) is puttin it on so queries go that way!!
dar

Em, D i dont think that gig is deffinate, so will ya cop on lieing to people god your so stupid, only joskin love you.

Excuse me but i wasn't aware the EZLN had the words "Ya Basta" copyrighted! The word means enough is enough which we apply to our own situation to mean enough is enough of there being no fucking all ages gigs, no initiaves by young people to act, no medium for them to do so, so we're taking it into our own hands to do it! EZLN can sue us if they don't like it.

The gig on the 4th wasn't a Basta gig but rest assured the same approach will be takne by us. Whenever any shit happens at gigs it's because of fuckin drunks who mgiht have better judgement if they're sober. Personnally, as a member of the collective i don't like the atmosphere alcohol creates at gigs.

We, as a collective, are working to eliminate the need for fucking alcohol, everybody should have the confidence to dance and tell people how they feel and make new friends without fucking having to get some dutch courage, and therefore making themselves dependant on big drinks companies.

What the fuck were a bunch of you doing sitting in 'a room' when you could have been out supporting the gig.

Enough fuckin armchair bullshit.

we were practicing. and this isn't about whether people should drink or not. i dont drink. its about searching peoples bags and acting the authority figure.

What the fuck were a bunch of you doing sitting in 'a room' when you could have been out supporting the gig.
Maybe your gig didn't appeal to us, the room in question was a rehearsal studio, intimate musical moment with friends y'know.

Not arsed replying to the rest of this thread, wanted to question the searching of bags and did, sorry if you don't like being questioned.

Denver Max said:
this isn't about whether people should drink or not. i dont drink. its about searching peoples bags and acting the authority figure.
Enabling equals rather than creating disciples.

lads i dont think searching bags is cool either but i can undserstand why they did it. there does be a whole lot of little goth kids at these gigs who you could in no way trust not to drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back