gig in cork saturday? (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
anyone headign down to cork to see dogflesh, section 4 and cruibin on saturday night? lookign forward to seeign the bands and to seeing what the turnout is like.

You are a fucking PARTY MACHINE.....holy fuck!

Watched the Algeria game there last night with a mate of mine who runs the comedy club every saturday night - he nearly freaked when he saw the posters!
Some genie-ass double booked the back room, but they sorted it out, comedians/funny people will be using the upstairs room tonight, the punks get the main stage :)

It's been a good while since I was in there, the last time was [r]evolution of a sun, Witchhammer and some other shite, during Witchhammer the fire breathing set off the buildings fire alarms and caused the B&B part of it to be evacuated, all these poor folk out in their PJs in the freezing cold while the gig played on downstairs :)

Very good gig of the type we dont see enough of in southern ireland at the minute - 2 excellant street punk bands and a kick ass straight ahead no frills punk band from the uk.

venue was good, really comfortable room, lovely pints of murphys, small enough but would make a great atmoshpere with 80 - 100 jammed in there.

unfortunately there was more like 30-40 in there but those there were there were well into it and all bands got a great reception - the phrase "they like the metal more in cork" came up a few times from the locals.

First time seeign cruibin and they have the makings of a great band - the singing is really good - mike has a great voice and they make really good use of backing vocals. their own songs were good - mid paced oi and some faster punkier stuff and a couple of good covers thrown in - evil conduct, runnin riot, motorhead. overall show great potential when they write some more tunes and get some more gigs in.

section 4 were great but could do with some new songs as well - their set is great - catchy punk and some great ska bits but im sure they have been playing this set for years. a great set mind but you know what i mean.. freebooters are in the exact same boat i know before anyone says anything .... anyway enjoyed these.

never heard dogflesh before and was hoping they werent some old band who got back togethar due to a mid life crisis to plough out songs they wrote when they were 17 . well it turned out they were great, really good musicians playing blasting punk which was a cross between discharge style raging and 82 chaos uk style stuff. no messin straight ahead punk as fuck tunes that deserved a much bigger crowd and loads of songs off new releases so they definitely arent just doing the hits of yesteryear. sometimes bands you dont know can turn out to be gems - these were.

overall a good night out, just a pity this 3 band tour didnt get some better gigs - loads of people on here dregin, byrnos, janer, lukas, olp etc etc would have loved this.

agree with everything conor said, cork is pretty shit for punk gigs and its always a shame we can't get the turnout for em when they are on... all bands were ace last night, looking forward to seeing them all again hopefully soon. and hopefully crubin can perhaps give the punk scene a bit of a kick up the hole down here, we'll see.

yep, they love their metal down here alright.

the phrase "they like the metal more in cork" came up a few times from the locals.

yep, they love their metal down here alright.

C'mon like, that's a universal thing. Metal in general is more popular than Punk worldwide let alone just in Cork City.
And if I'm not mistaken a few metal gig's lately in Cork with bands equal in status to Metallers as the bands last night are to Punks have pulled crowds of 10-20 max.....so 30-40 punters wasn't too bad after all....

First time seeign cruibin and they have the makings of a great band - the singing is really good - mike has a great voice and they make really good use of backing vocals. their own songs were good - mid paced oi and some faster punkier stuff and a couple of good covers thrown in - evil conduct, runnin riot, motorhead. overall show great potential when they write some more tunes and get some more gigs in.

Thanx for the great review conor, and thanx a million for traveling to Cork to see us, much appreciated mate, was good to see ya.
mike.

Sounds awesome.

Meself, Lukas and Chris headed to Belfast for dessie cush's gig/warzone benefit. Unfortunately it descended into a riot after only 2 bands and was shut down thanks to a load of boneheads showin up and wreckin the buzz :(

Yeah I was gonna head down to this cos I thought Dogsflesh stuff on myspace sounded deadly and I wanna see CRÚIBÍN but eneded up going to Belfast, getting mangled and not remembering a thing.

and hopefully crubin can perhaps give the punk scene a bit of a kick up the hole down here, we'll see.

Stantons Grave giving it a belt too! Wouldb e deadly if things started picking up, I know of a decent band too who are just after getting together. hopefully they'll get something going too over the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back