Ghundi - New Galway Punk Rock. (2 Viewers)

GHUNDI RELEASE THEIR CD TONIGHT AT THIS SHOW IN THE ROISIN, THEY SHOULD BE HITTIN THE STAGE AT 9 SO BE THERE EARLY

THE MINGERS
LOS MENDOZAS
ONLY FUMES AND CORPSES
NINE

playin an all ages show in cork next month on easter sunday hopefully.

GHUNDI RELEASE THEIR CD TONIGHT AT THIS SHOW IN THE ROISIN, THEY SHOULD BE HITTIN THE STAGE AT 9 SO BE THERE EARLY

THE MINGERS
LOS MENDOZAS
ONLY FUMES AND CORPSES
NINE X LIVES
GHUNDI

ROISIN DUBH, GALWAY
DOORS 830
DAMAGE 10 LIDS

playin an all ages show in cork next month on easter sunday hopefully.

our 1st review-

The Only Problem With Ghundi Is Their Name Doesn’t Work Well Into A Title

I went out on Sunday night to see Only Fumes and Corpses expecting to receive an aural pummelling form Galway’s favourite angry men and expecting ’em blow the crowd away. I got what I expected. I was not expecting Ghundi, a four piece who have just released their first EP 3196ep. It’s a cheap looking thing for €3 which usually means a band is unsure of the quality of their work or they know its crap. From the confidence and competence of the gig they don’t seem like a band unsure of themselves and from the material they played they shouldn’t be worried about the quality. I suppose I’m going the long way around to saying these guys bloody rock. I got a distinctly Suicidal Tendencies vibe from some the songs in both style and lyrical delivery, which is never a bad thing.
They hammered out the songs at break-neck pace so much that vocalist Kollin Finnerty had to pause for breath, just as well then the whole EP is only about 14 min long or he may have needed a respirator by the end. A bass heavy and hard edged sound that never descends in pointless noise and shouty-chanty lyrical delivery which avoids the oi oi oi school of thought, Ghundi have a clear notion of what they want to do and the talent and style to pull it off. Sanity Clause and Soundtrack To a Riot are the high points and sure to become crowd favourites for their chunky grinding riff (Sanity Clause) and mental/genius direction change (Soundtrack To a Riot).
Quality. [[Maca]]

I'm a bit late off the mark here but only listened to your stuff there now, fuckin excelllent! A real old school american hardcore feel. I'll hav to get you up to the fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back