GGI Fest 2015 - first details (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
The festival will take place on the 25th, 26th and 27th of September 2015 with gigs every night.

Celebrate the 11th annual GGI in the urban paradise of Groningen

Basically the festival is a celebration of the links between the punk rock communities of Groningen in the Netherlands, Glasgow in Scotland and Ireland.

The festival has been held in Belfast, Wexford (Twice), Ballina, Edinburgh, Glasgow (Twice) and this will be the fourth time in Groningen!

Travel:
By bike - ferry from Dublin to Liverpool, off road across the Trans Pennine way cycle path to Hull, ferry from Hull to Hook of Holland, off road cycle paths Hook of Holland to Groningen

By plane:
From Cork - Aer Lingus to Amsterdam and then the train to Groningen
From Belfast - Easyjet to Amsterdam and then the train to Groningen
From Dublin - / UK mainland - Bremen is the best place to fly to (Ryanair) as there's a 9 euro bus to Groningen from the airport there, alternately fly to Amsterdam or Eindhoven and take the train but Bremen is best.

Accomodation.
Camping in the stadtpark is highly recommended, rent a bike and escape the madness for a few hours, they have a few cabins if you don't fancy bringing a tent
Camping Stadpark

The Simplon is a hostel with a bar / venue /bike hire in middle of town
Website Simplon Jongeren Hotel English - Simplon Jongerenhotel EN

Hostel booking websites will throw up more options and you can always post looking for floorspace when the event page is sorted by our dutch comrades

Bands:
there'll be a cross section of bands from Ireland , Holland and the usual wide cross section of the Scottish scene (ahem!)

If your new band want to play just wait til your first practice, make up a name that you probably will change in a month or two, decide on a style that you hope to play once you get started, then email the organisers with those bare bone details and I'm sure they will put you on the headline spot on Saturday night.

Alternately if you are a real band the orgnaisers will either contact you and invite you to play or you can contact them and ask them directly when they announce how to to apply to play. Easy.

Any questions feel free to post below. its a friendly festival, the dutch one, so even if you don't know anyone you will have a good time, new people definitely welcome - i'll hold your hand if your nervous sure, i'm a notorious hand holder.

If your new band want to play just wait til your first practice, make up a name that you probably will change in a month or two, decide on a style that you hope to play once you get started, then email the organisers with those bare bone details and I'm sure they will put you on the headline spot on Saturday night.

Way ahead of ya!

I got my shout is fucking AGESSS ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back