GGI Edinburgh (1 Viewer)

everyone knows about the new ryanair instruments charge, yeah?

damien said:
everyone knows about the new ryanair instruments charge, yeah?
Ya they charge for any piece of luggage to make up for them not raising the price of fuel, luckily when I go away I bring just myself.:)

JANER said:
Ya they charge for any piece of luggage to make up for them not raising the price of fuel, luckily when I go away I bring just myself.:)
.... and yer playstation and that secret stash of dreadlocks that you glue to yer head when nobodys looking.

it's not just instruments specifically, but it's per item of luggage, which you pay for when you book your ticket.

from now untill september 1st, they're charging 3.50e per item of luggage, and that's just one way.
after sept 1st it's 4.50e. that's just online though.

if you pay the baggage fee at the airport it's 7e/10e sept onwards

their baggage allowance is coming down from 20k to 15k later in the year too.

ryanair; the aldi of airlines.

-- -- --
anyway, i think terrordactyl will be flying over.. of course we will.. that's pretty obvious what with our wings... ahem.

just had a quick look online at flights and all in all with ryanair, including 2 items of luggage it comes to.. 64 euro.

with aer lingus is comes to.. 126euro.

the charge of 4euro is for "normal" luggage.i had a band across from london to play belfast and dublin.they flew into belfast with easy jet..no problem.on the return journey from dublin with ryan air they were charged an extra 30 euro each for musical instruments!!!!apparently it's in the small print,so be very careful....you have been warned.

jillface said:
ah shitebags.

you didn't think i was talking shite, did you?

looks like we might go dub-glasow thursday night and back edinburgh-dub monday afternoon.. €90ish

yep. doesnt seem to be any others that'll do the job. hopefully it's still the same price when i go to book it in a few hours.

as far as I can figure out this makes Runnin Riot and Fleas and Lice the only bands to play all three ggis, expect colin and robbie being wheeled out in chairs at ggi 2027 - in dunfirmline or some other scotish town thats not glasgow;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back