Getting work permits for touring bands (1 Viewer)

qwerty

Does anybody have experience with this?

I'm looking at bringing a band over who said they'll need work permits as they have entertainers stamps in their passports. Is it definitely necessary? If so, how would I go about aquiring them? Any info would be much appreciated.

Entertainers stamps? wtf?

How are they entering the country?

In 9 years of putting on foriegn bands, not one has ever had a work permit.

Had to do this recently.

For touring band from US or Australia in theory it is necessary to inform Irish customs of their passport details and itinerary in the Republic. A visa is no actually required.

However I have only done this once in 7 years of doing gigs where said band specifically requested some help. Don't know if any other promoters have experience of this?

All you need to do is email scans of all passports and the arrival/departure dates to one customs email address (can't remember off hand but will dig it up). There is no cost for doing this.

The band are from Canada. The last time they played in Ireland, the promoter apparently got them work permits. Would a band actually be stopped from entering the country because they don't have permits?

No, they're currently living in Berlin and will be flying either from there or the UK.

Hi Qwerty,

See below a template for emailing customs and immigration to notify entry to the Republic. My memory is that this arrangement applies to North American and Australia.

No special visa is needed for performance in Ireland if the band are from these countries, standard holiday visa is okay.

If I were you I'd phone the Dept of Justice to ask for a contact to confirm this arrangement applies for Canada.

Email: [email protected]

"Hi all,

I am forecasting entry for [band] for the purposes of performing [] concerts in the Republic of Ireland. The band is 4 people, all with valid [] passports (see attached scans)

[names]

I have been told by the Dept of Justice & Immigration that as [] citizens they require no special visa to perform here but that I should forecast their arrival and departure and give details of their itinerary:

Ferry/ flight details:

[departure & arrival]

Performance Details:

[details of all gigs they are doing]

Please contact me if you require any further information

etc etc"

I looked into this when Yellow Swans were asking about it, the main thing is that there is never any problems with a touring band coming into Ireland. No special visa or pass or stamp is needed. They will be needed for the UK though, they're cunts about it seemingly. If the band has one for the UK and does get stopped (again 4 years putting on bands here and I've yet to hear of a single band being stopped) they can use that one.

Cool, thanks for all the info. And thanks for that email address Unclealo.

Hopefully I won't have to get any permits or visas or anything - I'll call the Dept of Justice tomorrow just to make sure. There's only two of them in the band anyway so it's not like they're going to have tons of flight cases and shit.

Cool, thanks for all the info. And thanks for that email address Unclealo.

Hopefully I won't have to get any permits or visas or anything - I'll call the Dept of Justice tomorrow just to make sure. There's only two of them in the band anyway so it's not like they're going to have tons of flight cases and shit.

it's the department of enterprise trade and employment (permits section) you need to call. we've to call Justice where i work quite often and they only open some lines for 2 hours and you can rarely get through.

Hi Qwerty,

See below a template for emailing customs and immigration to notify entry to the Republic. My memory is that this arrangement applies to North American and Australia.

No special visa is needed for performance in Ireland if the band are from these countries, standard holiday visa is okay.

If I were you I'd phone the Dept of Justice to ask for a contact to confirm this arrangement applies for Canada.

Email: [email protected]

"Hi all,

I am forecasting entry for [band] for the purposes of performing [] concerts in the Republic of Ireland. The band is 4 people, all with valid [] passports (see attached scans)

[names]

I have been told by the Dept of Justice & Immigration that as [] citizens they require no special visa to perform here but that I should forecast their arrival and departure and give details of their itinerary:

Ferry/ flight details:

[departure & arrival]

Performance Details:

[details of all gigs they are doing]

Please contact me if you require any further information

etc etc"

In case anybody was wondering, it's the same deal for Canadian performers as outlined above. Thanks again for the email template Unclealo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back