dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
@old will be able to swoop in and tell this one properly but it goes along the lines of a mate of his worked for whatever major label David Coverdale was signed to.

One day he came in for a meet and greet, and the staff lined up as if at a Royal gala to shake his hand. Old's pal was particularly enamoured with Mr Coverdale, and after shaking his hand in the line, ducked out and ran to the end of the line and got back in queue.

Coverdale took her hand for a kiss and just said, "Aha, we meet again"

Skip if I've posted this before:

A mate of mine was drinking in The Lord Edward when Richard Harris arrived. He was quickly surrounded by fans asking for his autograph , shaking his hand etc. Richard noticed my mate beside him at the bar and asked" I suppose you'd like an autograph as well?" to which my mate replied " No, but can you get me Clint Eastwood's?" Richard roared laughing and bought him a pint.

I wish this was my anecdote

Timo tells this one the best obviously..but

The Stranglers were playing in town and on the rider it stated SPECIFICALLY that there was to be a couple of bottles of Moet in the dressing room before the show..but the promoter was a bit strapped so he got a couple of supermarket bottles of fizz.Upon seeing this the bands manager appears and says...

No Moet..No Show-ay ..No Chandon..No Band-on

Timo tells this one the best obviously..but

The Stranglers were playing in town and on the rider it stated SPECIFICALLY that there was to be a couple of bottles of Moet in the dressing room before the show..but the promoter was a bit strapped so he got a couple of supermarket bottles of fizz.Upon seeing this the bands manager appears and says...

No Moet..No Show-ay ..No Chandon..No Band-on

What an uncouth swine, you pronounce the "t" in Moët (as it is short for Moët et Chandon) so his rhyme is flawed. Let them drink prosecco!

The Larry Mullen Jr. respect thread | thumped.com

My mate, years back, pulled up outside the Clarence in his car and goes to walk in.
Spies Bono outside smoking with McGuinness and walks over with his hand extended as if to shake hands, Bono reciprocates. Right before the hands meet my mate hands him a fiver and asks him to watch the car and then walks right by him into the Clarence.
Bono was reportedly disgusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back