gear for sale (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
evening... a friend of mine is selling a grand piano and a fancy mixing desk. someone here might possibly be rich and/or interested. both things are in germany but can be shipped. pm me or reply here if you’d like to know more.

1. YAMAHA SC 2.5 Meter Concert Grand Piano, Year 1965 (Photo below)

You know it from the studio; the instrument sounds and plays wonderfully. It can be heard on just about every album that was produced in the studio in the last 7 years.

The Piano has flaws, one has to understand. The soundboard has about 3 hairline fractures, which occasionally, depending on the weather, perhaps 3x a year, can begin to vibrate unpleasantly. I always solved the problem by sticking a piece of foam between the harp and the soundboard until the humidity changed (or whatever), and the resonance eventually quieted down. This worked fine for me. And the bridge, way up high in the last octave, is also cracked. This means that the very highest few notes are a little duller than the rest.

The action is excellent, no side-play in the keys, the weighting is balanced and even. The sound is fantastic- due to the piano's length the bass is extremely powerful, the mids are clear and full, and the highs shimmering, except for the last few which shimmer a little less.

I had a detailed conversation with my piano tuner about overhauling the instrument; he said that to remove the strings and dismount and glue the soundboard, replace the last section of bridge, reassemble and retension the strings, and tune would cost about €5000-7000, and then you'd have a piano worth maybe €30,000. Or, you could simply enjoy it the way it is.

The price including VAT, €10,000.

2. D&R ORION MIXING CONSOLE 24 Inline Channels, 8 Bus, Floating Groups, 14 Stereo Effect Returns (Photo below)

Also known from my studio, since buying the desk I've only rarely used my API or Manley preamps, having fallen in love with the sound of the D&R, and due to its extreme flexibility and convenience, recabling just seemed like too much work. The sound is very transparent, so if you're looking for dirt, you've come to the wrong place (don't get me wrong, I love dirt sometimes too, and so I've got dirt-machines that do it well!) The D&R has got tons of headroom- you're getting into digital distortion long before the board starts to break up. The EQ is musical and useful, the floating groups are great! You have a free hand choosing which channels should be grouped where. Say you want channels 3,4,16, 18 and 19 to exit the machine at output 5? No problem!

The desk is in the shop right now, being completely overhauled. All channels will be measured, tested, repaired if necessary, and calibrated. It's got a few cosmetic flaws, technically it's as new. The workshop says, it ought to be finished by Christmas.

The price including VAT, €5000

qkHcT.jpg

zWAt6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back