GBV and NOT URC for such an odd reason (1 Viewer)

donnacha

Website
minimise.com
We will not be playing with GBV tomorrow night.

The official reason from the band themselves is that they want 'a garage band or some quirky beatles covers band. We don't want someone slick'.

Apparently they reckon we'll be too 'slick' for them.

wierdos.

d.

Originally posted by donnacha

maybe the four of you should avoid the hair wax for the night, that'd cut down on your slickness.

oh ho, i am truely a wit this morning.

Originally posted by donnacha
We will not be playing with GBV tomorrow night.

The official reason from the band themselves is that they want 'a garage band or some quirky beatles covers band. We don't want someone slick'.

wierdos.

d.

Who's the band who said you were too slick?

Originally posted by Pantone247
Anyone want to form a "quirky Beatles cover band"

basically we'll play Beatle covers in a quirky way

I'll be Paul, I'll have a suspicous limp and sing with a lisp

I'll be an overweight oriental George Harrison.

"Preeze Preeze me oh yeah, rike I preeze yoooou..."

therre is no way some band would want URC supporting.
it's the "corrpted syndrome".the support band is so good that the main band simply cant follow.

viva URC!

URC would be the ultimate in a 4 am band.
so chilled out you can just lie there wrecked ;but not crap!some supposedly mellow bands are terrible!

i'd love to havre those guys in my bedroom,at the end of a long day+night;just have them play me to sleep....

URC and estel ;together a force to be reckoned with!

pee pee:
so you fell for the old "its not you, its some quirky beatles covers band" line again, did you?

when *will* you learn?
fools.

I've fallen for a few things lately, maybe I'll never learn!

Gar:
URC would be the ultimate in a 4 am band.
so chilled out you can just lie there wrecked ;but not crap!some supposedly mellow bands are terrible!

i'd love to havre those guys in my bedroom,at the end of a long day+night;just have them play me to sleep....
Alex:
Yeah fuck them!

For what I heard you're good enough to put together your own gig and rock da house

*shucks* thanks :)

SpeedRacer:
Who's the band who said you were too slick?

Guided By Voices.

To be honest, all I was looking forward to was playing really, really loud.

Next time maybe,

d.

Sound was mighty shit the whole night. It only started to fall into place toward the end. Whoever they had lined up for support instead of URC never bothered to show up anyway. It seemed to me they used the night as an excuse to go on the piss, by the end of their 30 song set they were fucking plastered.

Guided By Voices

Apart from being plastered and being sad old fucks who go out of their way to show how much of a group of tough beer guys they are...

Were they actually any good?

Re: Guided By Voices

Originally posted by Trismegistus
Apart from being plastered and being sad old fucks who go out of their way to show how much of a group of tough beer guys they are...

Were they actually any good?

yeah they were. if a little quiet. just kept belting out the songs and always looked like they were enjoying themselves. but they were hilariously wankered by the end.

the sweaty bassist was making me feel ill towards the end, as was bob pollards knees up mother brown stylee 'dancing'
apart from that, the shite sound and the empty venue they were rather good in an indie rock-tastic way

dunno, it would have made far more sense and been a far better gig, ATMOS wise. There were probably 250-300 people there, which is fuck all for the size of the Ambassador but would have made for a very good Whelan's gig. MCD getting it all arseyways, once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back