Galveston (1 Viewer)

who is goin to vicar st on the 31st july?. got my ticket a couple of days ago :)

ps fao stan bowles- I think i remember you sayin yer fav song was witchita lineman.I found a guy on soulseek with about 20 versions of that song. should be easy enough to find with a search for witchita lineman

Vinnie said:
Jimmy Webb is just fantastic.

Here, sorry to hijack the thread, but Vinnie, where'd you get that "Mutt dressed as Lange" quote?? Makes me laugh everytime i read it :)

And yes, that song is beautiful! Must check out some Jimmy Webb. Where's a good starting point eh?

I fucking love that song. Reminds me of long car journeys as a child with my mother screaming at my father to slow down, him smoking a pipe and making us all carsick, necessitating endless stops so we could puke on the side of the road, fights over who didn't get to sit in the middle, and warm hang sangwidges. Despite all that, I still love it.

chutneyfarmer said:
"Mutt dressed as Lange"
lange.jpg

chutneyfarmer said:
Here, sorry to hijack the thread, but Vinnie, where'd you get that "Mutt dressed as Lange" quote?? Makes me laugh everytime i read it :)

And yes, that song is beautiful! Must check out some Jimmy Webb. Where's a good starting point eh?

I made it up. It's an original Vinnie.

For Jimmy Webb start with Archive or get yourself a really good Best of Glen Campell.

Glen Campbell and Jimmy Webb reunited CD with the extra tracks has all the other stuff you'll need.

Looking forward to J. Webb boxed set!

kirstie said:
I fucking love that song. Reminds me of long car journeys as a child with my mother screaming at my father to slow down, him smoking a pipe and making us all carsick, necessitating endless stops so we could puke on the side of the road, fights over who didn't get to sit in the middle, and warm hang sangwidges. Despite all that, I still love it.

Its really nostalgic and really reminds me of my childhood too, even though all I remember hearing on long car journeys was Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap.

And all we ever heard in the house was Neil Diamond....

Then one day I heard "Some Candy Talking" and that, as they say, was that!

kevin gallen said:
ps fao stan bowles- I think i remember you sayin yer fav song was witchita lineman.I found a guy on soulseek with about 20 versions of that song. should be easy enough to find with a search for witchita lineman
Cool cheers. Since then I have invested in archive, some lovely tunes. I'm hoping a certain someone here gets a guestlist place and I go as his plus one, I hope he reads this.

'Where The Universes Are' on Archive is one of my favourite songs ever ever. I am also hoping a certain someone (me) can get a guestlist place so that I (me) can go.

Stan Bowles said:
Cool cheers. Since then I have invested in archive, some lovely tunes. I'm hoping a certain someone here gets a guestlist place and I go as his plus one, I hope he reads this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back