gack eighties prom dresses (2 Viewers)

Rachel666

does anyone know where i can get one? im going to a party of that theme in a few weeks, but i'm also toying with the idea of wearing one to my debs. im thinking puffball, shoulder pads, that tinfoilley material.... oohhh.

advice appreciated!

like the dress in pretty in pink?

6a00c2251e0b1a8e1d00d4143dbf50685e-500pi

For the key moment in the film they could at least have chosen a dress that was nice

yes oooh! that dress makes me mad as well, but not as mad as the ending.

i wonder if i could buy (or possibly find) a pattern for a dress. i've never made a dress in my life, which will undoubtedly add to the gack.

yes oooh! that dress makes me mad as well, but not as mad as the ending.

i wonder if i could buy (or possibly find) a pattern for a dress. i've never made a dress in my life, which will undoubtedly add to the gack.

it wouldn't be that tricky if you're doing a bandeau top (or adding thin/ribbon straps), a giant bow and a big gathered circle skirt - have a peek at pattern catalogues online and see if anything easy-sew suits. if you can even get a pattern for the top part or find a charity shop dress to dismantle to make a pattern for that, the rest could work with trial and error.

i've been looking for the right plain black dress with a giant tulle underskirt (or the right skirt for a petticoat) for a college ball for three years now, and i've decided i'm just going to make it this time. they're askin', i'm dancin'.

it wouldn't be that tricky if you're doing a bandeau top (or adding thin/ribbon straps), a giant bow and a big gathered circle skirt - have a peek at pattern catalogues online and see if anything easy-sew suits. if you can even get a pattern for the top part or find a charity shop dress to dismantle to make a pattern for that, the rest could work with trial and error.
aw wow! thanks for the advice. I was in a dress shop recently and told that you can pretty much take up any dress in a puffball way and add tulles underneath. This probably isn't news to anyone but I was enlightened...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back