Fushitsusha play The Village on Tuesday October 9th (1 Viewer)

Running a little later than expected so if time was a factor then let it be no more my friends. Fush on around 9.15 or so

So what did people think of this? I really enjoyed it. It was both more "rock" than I expected (having discernible riffs in parts) and more "free jazz/improv" in parts than I expected as well. The guitar sounded incredible.

It kind of flagged a bit in the middle though. From my eagle-eyed perch on the balcony I could see the messing with having to change a string and then the pedal board malfunctioning. He dealt with it pretty well by carrying on with the vocal improvisations stuff but it took a little momentum out of it nonetheless.

Still, I'd love to see them again.

I really enjoyed it too, the sound was great. I thought the bit in the middle was deadly, made for a nice bit of unexpected variety in the overall direction of the gig. I even thought the drum and bass bit was deadly too. Kicking the guitar tech guy afterwards was a bit ugly though. I think there were at least two "hits" in there. Before I saw them I would have hoped for more of the riffing/soloing bits, now I find the other bits a bit more interesting. I like when they throw out big walls of sound (there was a deadly one in the second half) and when they do the cleaner bits with high reverby vocals. Having seen them play a much more unrelentingly punishing and abrasive set the other night it was nice to see a very different set last night. Seeing them multiple times is obviously to be recommended.

fushitsusha7final1.jpg

Here is my photo of it. Or at least 10 minutes and 29 seconds of it.

Thanks chaps ... it's actually the bit where his guitar went kaput. By the way did anyone else notice the guy doing the freaky dancing up the front? He was just to the right of the two long-haired dudes who spent the whole show standing still staring impassively at the stage. Anyway, yer man was giving it socks. I thought he had lost something on the floor.

Thanks chaps ... it's actually the bit where his guitar went kaput. By the way did anyone else notice the guy doing the freaky dancing up the front? He was just to the right of the two long-haired dudes who spent the whole show standing still staring impassively at the stage. Anyway, yer man was giving it socks. I thought he had lost something on the floor.

I think you're referring to the French lad who has seen them sixty something times and knows the band inside out. I think he was dancing because he was the only person in the room who had any idea as to what what was going to happen next.

Amazing show. Like taking a time out to visit a another universe for a couple of hours. Thanks to everyone who made it out!

I think you're referring to the French lad who has seen them sixty something times and knows the band inside out. I think he was dancing because he was the only person in the room who had any idea as to what what was going to happen next.

Amazing show. Like taking a time out to visit a another universe for a couple of hours. Thanks to everyone who made it out!

No, the French lad was just bobbing his head (did you notice he smelled like condoms?). I know the guy busting the moves, he's just well into it.

This was my gig of the year so far. It was way loud but still the sound quality was excellent. Kudos to whoever engineered that one. Musically it was off the wall... indescribable to anyone who doesn't know Haino or Fushitsusha. Nice one Vinny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back