Furniture (1 Viewer)

filter your CDs. I'd say the average person's CD collection is at least 1/8 full of embarrassing crap that they'd be afraid to admit they own.

they've been filtered down many times, i cannae get rid of any more.

building one isn't an option

as i am retarded at building

stack them on the floor? or to get a little bit fancier with the idea, put a row along the floor standing upright with the spines facing out. you should choose the XYZ cds or whichever ones would come last in your collection. then put this strips of cardboard along the top of this row and put another row of cds on top. the cardboard will stop the cds from the upper levels falling down to the next row when you remove one. Repeat this then until you have enough shelves to store all your cds. you may have to stack the cds at the ends of the rows flatways to stop the cds falling out or you could put two nice pieces of timber at either side.

i still have enough room on a small bookshelf expand my cd collection for another while. I recently took them all out of the wardrobe where i had hidden them incase they were robbed and put them on display again and i do actually listen to them again now.

i find cdrs and cds that come in little plastic wallets or dvd boxes are a pain in the hole to store

stack them on the floor? or to get a little bit fancier with the idea, put a row along the floor standing upright with the spines facing out. you should choose the XYZ cds or whichever ones would come last in your collection. then put this strips of cardboard along the top of this row and put another row of cds on top. the cardboard will stop the cds from the upper levels falling down to the next row when you remove one. Repeat this then until you have enough shelves to store all your cds. you may have to stack the cds at the ends of the rows flatways to stop the cds falling out or you could put two nice pieces of timber at either side.

i still have enough room on a small bookshelf expand my cd collection for another while. I recently took them all out of the wardrobe where i had hidden them incase they were robbed and put them on display again and i do actually listen to them again now.

i find cdrs and cds that come in little plastic wallets or dvd boxes are a pain in the hole to store

you're from limerick, right?

but look at the wheels

MAGNAhighgreyoak%2Ejpg

in our gaff i just have a podium, which i stand on top of whilst eating my dinner. i have a bigger podium in our bedroom, i sleep at the top, the bird and kid come in second and third.

the argos ones are great. i have two of them. they're just a simple looking grid design in wood and they work out cheap and hold loads of cds

use in-built wall-shelving. Was already in the room when we moved in. Father-in-law helped adapt it.
Running out of space though.

have a couple of Argos units knocking around too.

Custom built-in shelving is the way to go if possible. You can make the best use of your space that way and getting a pro in to do it can work out cheaper than buying the same amount of shelving from Habitat. On the down side, unlike modular storage you can't take it with you when you leave!

COn the down side, unlike modular storage you can't take it with you when you leave!

you can if it's free-standing! i have a custom-built cd shelf that's well-travelled, and i moved it with all the cds in still in it. my collection's not that big on the thumped spectrum but i think custom stuff is definitely the way to go.

you can if it's free-standing! i have a custom-built cd shelf that's well-travelled, and i moved it with all the cds in still in it. my collection's not that big on the thumped spectrum but i think custom stuff is definitely the way to go.

Seconded, in most rental accomodation you're not allowed to make permanent alterations (including drilling holes in walls) so I've always had custom made free-standing shelving. It's great.

Oh, and if you can, make it yourself - at least that way it will be exactly what you are looking for. I made some of mine, my parents made the rest.

I big fan of built in too. but it means we have to leave it all behind when we move. BOO HOO.

I nearly dropped 800 on those bertoia chairs last night. Nearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back