Fur protesters disrupt Victoria's Secret show (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Four fur protesters rushed the catwalk at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show taping Thursday night as Gisele Bundchen was on the stage, holding signs denouncing the supermodel's support of fur.

Event security staff whisked the women off the catwalk, but not before at least one of them managed to walk the length of it behind the 22-year-old lingerie-clad Brazilian beauty.

The printed signs read "Gisele: Fur Scum" and included the logo for PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Bundchen appeared surprised but continued walking.

The fashion show was being taped at The Armory in Manhattan for a November 20 broadcast on CBS. Producers stopped the music and redid Bundchen's segment after the protesters were removed.

Bundchen recently became the spokesmodel for fur designer Blackglama, but she told CNN the protest was unwarranted.

"I'm the biggest animal lover in the world," she said backstage after the show. "I was just doing my job. I'm a model. I don't even wear fur. They just want attention."

The fashion show featured only faux fur.

The protesters wore "all access" passes around their necks. Security removed them from the building but would not say whether they were arrested or charged.

"Gisele has blood on her hands and blood money in her pockets," said PETA President Ingrid Newkirk in a written statement Friday. "She may have long legs, but she's pitifully short on compassion, given the pain and fear that animals suffer for her vanity."
story.peta.ap.jpg

My kinda protest....

what on earth is the point of protesting against fake fur?

seems a tad irrational to me.if anything the protesters should be applauding the designer for not using real fur.

I have a fake dalmation fur top , does that make me cruella de ville?

They were protesting against that particular model who "...recently became the spokesmodel for fur designer Blackglama...".

Did the picture distract you from the story there, chaps?

ho ho ho

too busy scouring victoriassecret.com for fur?

hmmm?

Originally posted by pete
They were protesting against that particular model who "...recently became the spokesmodel for fur designer Blackglama...".

Did the picture distract you from the story there, chaps?

ho ho ho

too busy scouring victoriassecret.com for fur?

hmmm?

right.....ok...... that finally makes sense to me now.I was quite confused as to why they had been protesting at a show featuring fake fur.I guess I should apply the rule of RTFT before posting.

I am afraid your theory of me being distracted by the picture is quite wrong pete , considering I am a female.

am questioning why you assumed I was a bloke!!baggyyyy !baggyyyy

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
right.....ok...... that finally makes sense to me now.I was quite confused as to why they had been protesting at a show featuring fake fur.I guess I should apply the rule of RTFT before posting.

I am afraid your theory of me being distracted by the picture is quite wrong pete , considering I am a female.

am questioning why you assumed I was a bloke!!baggyyyy !baggyyyy

oops sorry like

maybe i should have read what you posted first, wha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back