From Ashes Rise (1 Viewer)

One of the best dublin gigs i've ever seen was From Ashes Rise in the parnell mooney with Dagda/Bastard Youth/Scientific Bong. Legendary stuff.

yeah great gig, I have a video of that somewhere, must try fish it out.. Jaysus I remember when the tide turned on them at k-town, loadsa crusties seemed to have a problem with From Ashes Rise complaining about the medical health system in the states from the stage, which at the time I thought was an incredibly valid point to make.

so are jade tree badies or something i thought they were independent??do they have dodgy connections now or something?? or is it just the most other bands they deal with are shall we say "not to my taste".

was there not more to the ktown thing like them acting like rock stars or something??or did they just go out of fashion?

fucking savage band!

Jade Tree is an independent. But the music they usually release is quite different to what the average From Ashes Rise fan would like. The label was/is quite succesful and certainly at the time was quite high profile so no matter what some people viewed it as "selling out". I never heard of any acting like rockstars or anything but I wasn't at K-town.
I like the later records they did just fine.

I remember at k-town one of them was taking a load of shite about not eating the brown m&m's because they were spiked... something like that, it's a bit hazy to be honest.. they were pretty good anyway

That gig in the Parnell Mooney is still one of my top five of all time. Fucking amazing.

Everyone started to hate them for the same reason they start to hate all hardcore and punk bands: cos everyone else started to like them too. That said, Nightmares isn't anywhere close to the first two, decent as it is. I met one of them at K-Town that year when I was drunk and gave him a load of shit about being on an emo label to see how he'd react, and he was fuckin sound. Brad Boatrace, that fella. Had a good laugh about it and didn't take the bait at all. Missed the actual gig cos of the pursuit of a certain crust vixen, but most people were fairly disappointed with it. Fuckin legend band though, kick the piss out of Tragedy and all.

That said, none of those bands ever come close to HHIG.

they are bloody awful too. stole a hat off this little cunt that fucked the radiator in our house and i was all like, fuckin right, punk cap, lookin good. but it has a hhig patch sewn on the front and suerglued on and i cant get it off. it gives people the wrong impression. i think i might just superglue it to his head the next time i see him.

That gig in the Parnell Mooney is still one of my top five of all time. Fucking amazing.

Everyone started to hate them for the same reason they start to hate all hardcore and punk bands: cos everyone else started to like them too.

I still don't buy that line of reasoning.The fact is, "Nightmares" is a piss poor record songwise compared to what they'd done before it.

But yeah, that Parnell Mooney gig = best birthday gig ever.

Panto4a.jpg
Blatant: my mother's 100% Fenian, she wouldn't be seen dead in Prodfast.

bet you had to get the seats disinfected that christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back