Free range/organic chicken wings (1 Viewer)

My friend bought a load of organic meat of some animal (can't remember what one) but anyway he said it was good value and good quality he used to be a chef, so I guess he knows what he's on about. Anyway it was one of the butchers on wexford st. bet they'd be miles cheaper than fallon and byrne's.

My friend bought a load of organic meat of some animal (can't remember what one) but anyway he said it was good value and good quality he used to be a chef, so I guess he knows what he's on about. Anyway it was one of the butchers on wexford st. bet they'd be miles cheaper than fallon and byrne's.

Fallon & Byrne's is great, if money is not an issue.

How are you gonna cook them?
Was thinking of doing this
Nigel Slater said:
Sweet and sticky chicken wings
I wouldn't even attempt to eat these sweet and sticky bits of chicken with a knife and fork; they are strictly meant for picking up with your fingers, preferably while curled up on the sofa in front of the television. Although the mustard brings with it a certain amount of deep warmth, these are not at all spicy, and are for those who revel in an occasional sweet and extremely tactile supper.
You will need some sort of salad with them, perhaps something crunchy and cooling with beanshoots and cucumber in it.
Serves 2-3, depending on the size of your wings
chicken wings - 12 (about 600g)
grain mustard - 2 heaping tbsp
runny honey - a heaping tbsp
lemon - a large, juicy one
garlic - 3 large cloves
Heat the oven to 220 c/gas 7. Carefully check the chicken wings for stray feathers (they are often the least scrupulously plucked bit of the bird) then put them in a roasting tin.
Mix the mustard and honey with the juice from the lemon. You should get about 5 tablespoons from a large fruit. Peel the garlic, crush it and add it to the honey with a grinding of pepper and salt.
Toss the wings in the honey mixture and roast for 40 minutes by which time they will be a healthy colour. Turn the wings over and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes. They will now be dark and intensely sweet and sticky.
I've done it before on a smaller scale and it worked out great. Thought it would be a good thing to give drunk people at a party.

I'll see what that Good Eats thing says before committing to anything.
You absolutely haaave to watch this before you do anything wing related

YouTube - Good Eats S11E14 The Wing and I (1/2)
Cheers Mormon. I'll watch that tonight. Can't get YouTube in work
Thanks for the tip Sarah. I'll probably take a look down that direction.
Fallon & Byrne's is great, if money is not an issue.
Very true.

So, again, anyone have any idea on price per wing?

Yeah.
Great show!
And theres about 14 seasons of it up on youtube - I've been watching them all compulsively.

I watched the first part there.
I do most of what he does already. The steaming rack looks like a bridge too far - I might try it on a smaller scale though.

I don't have the smoke problem at 400 degrees.
I'll be drying them out in the fridge though.

Nice one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back