Free pluggin (1 Viewer)

What am I missing here?

I've generated a serial for my iLok and transferred it to same... done and dusted

Now where the hell do you download the actual plugin from????

EDIT: DUH

Do you have to actually have the key? Could you set up an account with them, but just use one computer, bypassing the need to have the dongle?
Sorry if this sounds dumb - I've heard of iLok before, but I'm not too well up on how they work, or what they're really for...
Actually, can you get an iLok account for free, or do you need to pay fees?

You can get an iLok account for free, but pretty pointless if you don't have an iLok

You can get an iLok account for free, but pretty pointless if you don't have an iLok

Sorry, what I meant was: is the iLok just a device for storing software licences or is there more to it?
If you only use one computer, could you not just keep all those licences on the hard drive?
I'm only asking 'cos the only options for the POD farm giveaway are for POD and iLok users...

Storing the license on the hard drive defeats the purpose of the iLok.

It acts as a dongle for two reasons.

It protects your license (and also makes it portable).

And it also protects the software from piracy.

The online account is for managing your licenses and also for a fee will back up your licenses and send you a temporary iLok with your licenses so you can continue to work while your broken iLok is repaired. Something like 50 bats a year. Useful if your in a studio with multiple plugins, but I couldn't be arsed.

I've only got a handful on mine anyway, it came with Pro Tools, and Pro Tools will NOT WORK without either the hardware attached AND the iLok dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back