Fovea Hex on Arts Show (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2
There's a short interview and some music (i think) on tomorrow's Arts Show on rte radio 1 8-9pm.

Hi Ron,
My first post so I can't include web addresses yet, but the on the Fovea Hex myspace page blog, it mentions that the interview with Clodagh Simonds plus an excerpt from 'Hymn to Sulphur' (a new piece) recorded live in Trento on July 16th will be broadcast on the RTE Arts Show at 8pm, Tuesday, July 29th.

Regarding the price of the CDs, at the Janet Records website, you can buy the 3 EP box set of 'Neither Speak Nor Remain Silent' for 20 euro (p&p inc). Or you can pay to download the EPs for less.

Originally the EPs were released in a limited edition of 2000 each. Not sure if they have been reprinted, but the low production run combined with expensive packaging, and wholesale distributor and retailer cuts is the reason for the high shop prices when the individual EPs first appeared. Cutting out the middlemen and selling direct has made the difference.

Bill

Hi Ron,

Regarding the price of the CDs, at the Janet Records website, you can buy the 3 EP box set of 'Neither Speak Nor Remain Silent' for 20 euro (p&p inc). Or you can pay to download the EPs for less.

Originally the EPs were released in a limited edition of 2000 each. Not sure if they have been reprinted, but the low production run combined with expensive packaging, and wholesale distributor and retailer cuts is the reason for the high shop prices when the individual EPs first appeared. Cutting out the middlemen and selling direct has made the difference.

Bill

a box set of the three was something like €57 last year.

some reduction.

...and bearing in mind, it is really just one albums worth (under one hour), it is quite pricey... lovely packaging and music though...

i wonder who will actually be performing in the band with clodagh simonds at ep....

As far as I'm aware (Clodagh's a friend of mine), the line up will be the same as in Paris at the David Lynch exhibition. That is, Clodagh Simonds (keyboards, vocals), Cora Venus Lunny (violin), Michael Begg (of Human Greed, electronica), Laura Sheeran (vocals, accordion), Kate Ellis (of the Crash Ensemble, cello), and Colin Potter (of Current 93, engineering).

For the last couple of gigs (in Trento and Barcelona) Julia Kent (Antony and the Johnsons) was the cellist, but the other personnel (bar Kate Ellis) were the same and constitute a 'core group' of sorts for live performance purposes.

I'm sure I heard that they're playing at DEAF also.
Anyone know where the Nurse with Wound DEAF gig is going to be held?

Fovea Hex were approached to play at DEAF, but I don't know whether its actually happening or not. It would be a perfect showcase for them, so I hope they're included in the program.

Last I heard, the plans for Fovea Hex to headline a show at the REC festival of contemporary arts in Reggio Emilia (Italy) in early November are moving smoothly. This event is particularly intriguing, as there's a strong possibility that the two guys from Matmos may be joining them for the gig, along with a 20 voice choir. Again, nothing confirmed yet, but it's a talking point among Fovea Hex members:
http://www.omnempathy.com/index.asp

The Matmos connection comes from Clodagh contributing vocals to a version of 'Cockles and Mussels' (!) which they included on their 'For Alan Turing' EP. It's a trip ....

Just received this from Janet Records:

Ladies & Gentlemen!

We find ourselves yet again delighted! And on two counts.....

(1) Tomorrow Tuesday July 29 between 8pm and 9pm there will be a brief
interview with Clodagh Simonds on RTE Radio 1's "The Arts Show", featuring
some live recording from the recent July 16 Fovea Hex performance at the
Sound Threshold Festival, Terrazza delle Stelle, CEALP - 1600 metres up in
the Italian Alps.
http://www.cealp.it/soundthreshold and http://www.rte.ie/radio1 . This
performance features Clodagh, plus Laura Sheeran, Cora Venus Lunny, Julia
Kent, Michael Begg and Colin Potter.

(2) On August 29 at 3pm, Fovea Hex make their debut Irish performance at
Electric Picnic, Stradbally, Co. Laois. They appear on the IMC stage
http://www.electricpicnic.ie/html/jazz.html and to get an idea of who else
is performing at Electric Picnic this year, see
http://www.electricpicnic.ie . Sadly (or perhaps not so sadly) Electric
Picnic has already sold out. This performance will feature Clodagh
Simonds, Laura Sheeran, Cora Venus Lunny, Kate Ellis, Michael Begg and Colin
Potter.

All the best to all,

Magdalena Daly
Janet Records
Dublin

Can that 3pm start on Friday be real? Get there early guys ....

Maybe it's a typo - I'll see what I can find out.

If you were listening to the Arts Program, the first snippet of music played was "Where does a girl begin?", which was first peformed at the David Lynch exhibition gig in Paris May last year. It hasn't been recorded yet. I know Fovea Hex have been performing new material in recent shows, alongside stuff from the 'Neither Speak Nor Remain Silent' series. I'm sure the same will hold for the Electric Picnic (if anyone's there to listen to it!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back