Forgotten Zine Archive (1 Viewer)

Carlow Punks!

Hey,

Now that the new Seomra Spraoi space is getting into the swing of things, I want to resurrect the cultural jewel of the Irish underground music scene that is the Forgotten Zine Archive. Space has been delegated in Seomra Spraoi and (with help from Willie, muchas gracias) I've put up shelving and generally prettified the corner. So all the existing archived zines will be coming into the space in the next week I hope.
A few things:
  1. In the longer term though I don't want to go it alone this time, so I like interested people to form (with me) an informal Zine Archive collective, to take over running it. Its a pretty low key affair, it generally involves finishing organising existing zines, taking in new zines( I'm not taking in any new zines at the mo' since there's enough work for one person already), generally managing the archive and also setting up new creative events, etc (like zine readings, workshops or whatever people want to do).
  2. Once the Archive is back on its feet it'd be good to do another Zine Show like the one in Anthology, to promote the Archive seeing the light of day again, also to raise cash for Seomra Spraoi massive rent.
  3. Just to re-emphasise, I can't really take in any new zines at the moment, I want to concentrate on getting whats there already (about 1000 publications) up to scratch. When other people come on board, then is a good time for expanding the archive. Back in the Warehouse days there was massive bulk donations which was great in getting the Archive to the impressive size its at now, but working alone I did feel a bit swamped and am still sorting through the last of those first donations! Also as I rent it is a massive responsability to find storage for them every time a space goes belly up. (Big ups to Krossie for allowing his garage to be taken over for the last few months). So what I'm trying to say is...
  4. ... if people have some great zines they'd like to donate in the near future hold on a few weeks, also it'd be great to get specific zines (particularly old Irish ones, I'd like to have a comprehensive collection of Irish zine output) rather than a bulk donation full of repeats and low quality stuff, so with this in mind I'll post up PDFs of catalogued zines in the Archive on the Biblioactive website early next week.
  5. Actually some one with a car to bring the archive from Krossies house in Dalkey to town in the next week would be good, a few schekles can be exchanged for petrol if thats an issue. It'll just atake one run in a regular car, boot and back seat stocked up.
Okay so get in touch by email or here if you want to know any more or want to get involved in any way..

Ciaran
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back