For the girls of Thumped (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I was just cleaning up my room and shoving clothes back in to my closet when I realized I have entirely too many pairs of jeans, etc. I would say 3/4 of which I never wear. I have no room for this stuff. I need to downsize.

A group of my friends/acquaintances back in Boston would get together twice a year and do clothing swaps. Basically it was a reason to get together some weekend afternoon to drink, chat and have snacks plus occasionally go home with something great.

Everyone would bring things that were in good condition but for what ever reason they did not wear or use. We even extended it to beauty products, handbags, shoes...anything we didn't want but it would be a shame to throw out. One person's trash is another person's treasure or what not. At the end what ever was left and unwanted we gave to a charity shop.

Any interest out there?

Cool, count me in! I tried to organise one of these a couple of years ago, but I got lazy and never did it. When I moved house over the summer, I got rid of NINE bin bags of clothes. They went to a clothing sale some chix were having. But I'm sure I could use a bit of a clear-out again.

Sounds like fun, too!

Any interest out there?

Ha! We just held a clothes swap a week or two a go with a bunch of mates in my gaff. Lots of people were dubious at first and lots of people also thought they'd just bring some stuff up and leg it, but it turned into a day of loads of my women friends hanging out, drinking wine and trying on clothes.

It was awesome though. People got a whole new bunch of stuff for free, in a pretty stress free environment, causing minimal damage to the world in general (no sweatshops, no underpaid service staff, no environmental costs,no corporate fatsos making money off us), while hanging out with friends and friendly faces.

Also, we had about 6 bags worth of quite nice stuff to send to charity shops at the end of it.

Good luck with this if you get it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back