Food poisoning? (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just bought a smoothie from a Spar shop, took a big fucking swig, and it turned out it was totally and completely rancid. I checked the lid, and it was a week out of date.

I took it back, and got my money back, but I feel like I'm about to puke my whole digestive system through my nose. I'm not a puker, so that's kind of unusual. I can't get the taste out of my mouth, and it feels like it's on its way back up.

Does anyone know if you can get food poisoning off a rotten smoothie, or should I stop worrying?

Sorry if I'm being gross.

I wouldn't count out food poisoning. My cousin whos pregnant at the minute took a bite of a cheese cake last week at some restraunt when she was out with my mum and it turned out it had been sitting out for about 7 hours. She only had one bite and has been sick since.

Ciaran Mackle said:
I wouldn't count out food poisoning. My cousin whos pregnant at the minute took a bite of a cheese cake last week at some restraunt when she was out with my mum and it turned out it had been sitting out for about 7 hours. She only had one bite and has been sick since.

Ick. That's bad news! Good news is that it was a pure fruit one, so the lack of rancid dairy products means it might not come shooting back out of me. It might just be that I feel gross because it tasted so fucking disgusting. It also might be that my tummy is always very delicate after a long run. Sucks, though, since I had to cut it 3 miles short because it made me ill. Fuckers cheated me out of my longest run in 10 years. Pricks.

In any case, if I do get sick, I'll just pretend it's a free detox treatment or something.

And Andy, I do have a food taster, but union rules stipulate that bottled drinks don't fall into his job description. Fucking unions. Pricks.

Will have to stock up on anti-puke remedies. I think I should be okay. It's been 2 1/2 hours, and I'm still a bit wonky, but it's hard to separate the wonkiness of a long run from that caused by old food. I'm assuming that there isn't a risk of salmonella, since I presume the smoothies are made in an environment where they don't come into conact with animal products, so unless it hits me later tonight, I think I'm in the clear.

Still well pissed off I had to cut my run short on such a nice day, though. Definitely could have done a few more miles, the bastards. Now I have to wait until next weekend, when the weather might be shit, and I might not be able to dance along the paths of Phoenix Park to Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits.

I'm dying to work up to a run long enough to give me those good old blisters between my asscheeks, and gulping rotten fruit doesn't help me toward that goal.

Thanks dudes! And now that it's become fairly clear I was making a big stupid deal out of nothing, I hereby turn this into a cute animal thread.

DaisyDuckCouple.jpg

2babylambs.jpg

lambonback.jpg

La La, when I get my camera back off Anne OMalley, I'll post up some of the baby lambie pictures I took in Carlingford last weekend.

loving the pics guys, especially the calf; what a cutie!
will load up the real-life snow leopard cub pics i took in sydney soon. the cuteness can't even be explained.
ps: jane i saw an otter program on nat geo last night, what little dudes.

Best thing to come out of America (except for Jane of course)

pepto_linkliq_prod.jpg

Why can't I get it here? If someone knows of a chemist who has some, please let me know.

Catwoman said:
Best thing to come out of America (except for Jane of course)

pepto_linkliq_prod.jpg

Why can't I get it here? If someone knows of a chemist who has some, please let me know.

I didn't realise you couldn't get Pepto here. I could've used some today, though. Ugh. I was in the library in Trinity, and it was mad quiet, and my insides were givin' it loads, and I thought I was going to have to leave because of the amount of noise I was making. Fuckin' smoothies. Fuckers. Pricks.

And, since this thread had officially changed into a cute animal one:

WeddellSeal.jpg

BabySeal.jpg

_38671011_snowdrop_hand.jpg

And, I know Snowdrop the Sea Otter has been posted here a hundred times before, but can anyone really get sick of anything that cute? No. The answer is NO.

_38671001_holding.jpg

_38671009_slurp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back