Food not bombs Wicklow collective (1 Viewer)

faganfest!

Hi there,

Earlier in the year the idea was formed to create and establish a food not bombs collective in bray, greystones, kilcoole and surrounding areas. In case you're wondering what FnB is about, here's some info taken from the website:
Food Not Bombs is one of the fastest growing revolutionary movements active today and is gaining momentum. There are hundreds of autonomous chapters sharing free vegetarian food with hungry people and protesting war and poverty throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia. Food Not Bombs is organizing for an end to the occupations of Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine. We also support actions against the globalization of the economy, restrictions to the movements of people and the destruction of the earth.
The first group was formed in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1980 by anti-nuclear activists. Food Not Bombs is an all volunteer organization dedicated to nonviolence. Food Not Bombs has no formal leaders and strives to include everyone in its decision making process. Each group recovers food that would otherwise be thrown out and makes fresh hot vegetarian meals that are served in city parks to anyone without restriction. The groups also serve free vegetarian meals at protests and other events. The San Francisco Chapter has been arrested over 1,000 times in an effort to silence its protest against the Mayor's anti- homeless policies. Amnesty International states it may adopt those Food Not Bombs volunteers that are imprisoned as "Prisoners of Conscience" and will work for their unconditional release.

You may be aware that Jill and Cían from the Unawarehouse in town are running a food not bombs in dublin, but we feel that with the increasing numbers of people on the street in our area, something needs to be done, and as such we're forming this collective to help. food will also be offered at local gigs and protests, tying in the many netoworks associated with our growing DIY community, not only providing food at no cost (but donations are appreciated!) but informing individuals self-empowerment by do it yourself ethics and promoting peace and equality, by advocating the possibilty of an anarchic future. All of the food is vegetarian, because wouldn't it be a contradiciton to promote peace and equality at the cost of an animal? much more info can be obtained from the internation website at http://www.foodnotbombs.net

At the moment myself and Lyndsay are i guess setting up and co-ordinating the collective, but we need as much help as possible to get things going. if you have any spare pots or pans, or know of an available kitchen somehwere, or if you just wanna help out andf get involved simply post up here or drop me a line at [email protected]. we want to get an open meeting soon together soon enough so if you can come along let us know too.

thanks for taking the time to read this,
Eoin F

faganfest! said:
You may be aware that Jill and Cían from the Unawarehouse in town are running a food not bombs in dublin, but we feel that with the increasing numbers of people on the street in our area, something needs to be done, and as such we're forming this collective to help. food will also be offered at local gigs and protests, tying in the many netoworks associated with our growing DIY community, not only providing food at no cost (but donations are appreciated!) but informing individuals self-empowerment by do it yourself ethics and promoting peace and equality, by advocating the possibilty of an anarchic future. All of the food is vegetarian, because wouldn't it be a contradiciton to promote peace and equality at the cost of an animal? much more info can be obtained from the internation website at http://www.foodnotbombs.net

At the moment myself and Lyndsay are i guess setting up and co-ordinating the collective, but we need as much help as possible to get things going. if you have any spare pots or pans, or know of an available kitchen somehwere, or if you just wanna help out andf get involved simply post up here or drop me a line at [email protected]. we want to get an open meeting soon together soon enough so if you can come along let us know too.

thanks for taking the time to read this,
Eoin F

Hey fegano, just to set things straight, me and Jill dont run Food Not Bombs- Owensie and Fernanda do most of the work but its a collective and theres loads of people who have been involved over the past year.
On the equipment side I can sort ya out with plastic plates and cups. We might have a pot or two aswell.

alright cian, sorry bout that, and sorry to the others too, i really had no clue, cuz ya know i usually see you and gill at the stall in town...but ehmm.. yeah i'll talk to ya bout it if yer round tomorrow, cus me and michelle and eh oli are heading to yer gaff for some meetin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back