Food not Bombs Activist Murdered by Nazis in St.Petersburg, Russia (1 Viewer)

mazzyianne said:
yeah, there was threads about it here when it happened, fuckin mental. Poor lad.

ah right i missed that.

totally nuts.

also, the bbc radio guy was hanging out with some F'N'B people at work and while he was interviewing them one of them got attacked and chased by a bunch of skin heads.

Another reason not to go to the G8 in St. Petersburg this year (the other being that the local activists asked people not to come).

weeler said:
Another reason not to go to the G8 in St. Petersburg this year (the other being that the local activists asked people not to come).

for security? pity.

weeler said:
yea tis too cold.

I`ll be there later this year.

Going to an anti-fascist gig in Russia is ALOT fuckin different from going to one here in Dublin/cork/knocknagoshel....
Theres a real risk of attack from what i was told....and what we have seen.Alot of underground gigs are held in secret in moscow 'i`ll meet you here, and we`ll go to the gig here...words out some skinheads may have heard about the happening...'
That kind of thing.
Reminds me of gang culture.

I remember around 3 years back a similar attack happened in Moscow, the kid died in hospital...i`m nearly sure he was also highly involved in the diy scene there too.It seems to me skinheads perceive people in diy/peace punk collectives in moscow/st pete to be a real threat - or simply an easy target....

Some of them asked people not to come because they thought when everyone left they would be the ones to suffer the consequences. They figure that the cops will shut down their social centres and use anything that happens at the g8 as an excuse to be more repressive.

mazzyianne said:
They figure that the cops will shut down their social centres and use anything that happens at the g8 as an excuse to be more repressive.

my impression of the authorities when i was in russia was one massive balck hole. hard to get to grips with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back