Foggy Notions presents Skeleton$, March 12, Whelan's (1 Viewer)

Urchin PR

Website
www.myspace.com
Foggy Notions presents

Skeleton$

+ The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock

Thursday March 12, Doors 8pm, Whelan’s

Tickets €12 plus booking fee, WAV, City Discs, Ticketmaster, www.tickets.ie

“Hugely ambitious and inventive…jazzy jams, blissed-out psychedelia, avant folk and electronic noise underpinned by funky, Can-like mantras.” - Uncut

“…an outsize global-a-go-go mélange of unceasing polyrhythms, Afrobeat guitars, free jazz, and Timbaland's approach to kitchen-sink percussion.” - Pitchfork

"This boney bunch is rattling like crazy. We like it." - Artrocker

Skeleton$ were born in Ohio, in the belly of a music school located in the state's poorest county. After self-releasing three long-players on the Shinkoyo label, they refined their particular brand of pop music with the release of Git (Ghostly International, 2005) as Skeleton$ & the Girl Faced Boys.

Dispersing across the big country after each tour, the band was drawn one-by-one to New York City and eventually needed a new headquarters. They found an old empty sweatshop, built rooms, dangerously dabbled in electrical work, put in a washing machine and the now infamous "Silent Barn" was born.

They hosted shows and recorded the seriously acclaimed Lucas (Ghostly International, 2007) credited to Skeleton$ & the Kings of All Cities, and praised for its discordant beauty and kitchen-sink production.

After years of physical and psychological testing, touring as a trio, quintet, octet or more, which sometimes changed its name between songs onstage, the Skeleton$ band is now four: Jonathan Leland, Tony Lowe, Jason McMahon and Matt Mehlan. Last winter in Times Square Skeleton$ recorded, engineered, performed, arranged and mixed Money which was released at the end of last year on Tomlab.

The group has lent live support to TV On The Radio, Animal Collective, Man Man, The Unicorns and have earned comparisons to acts as diverse as Can, Prince, Sonic Youth and Boyz II Men.

Skeleton$ will be making their Irish debut with a Whelan’s show on March 12. Until then they continue to spearhead the People's Movement for the Resuscitation of Music in New York, offering their recording services and creating Skeleton$ Television.

Check out their video for the song "Stepper" from the album, Money.
http://skeletons.tv/stepper_banker.mov

www.skeletons.tv

The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock
The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock is music from Dublin. Named after a poem about a haunted canal lock, the Spook plucks banjos and twangs guitars, he yelps and he drones and he sings songs about doomed revolutionaries, brave partisan, corrupt politicians and constant struggle.
Live the Spook plays solo with guitar, banjo and effects or swells to a full band with bass, guitars, drums.

www.myspace.com/thespookofthethirteenthlock

Deadly!
Very interesting band.

Weren't Skeleton$ & the Kings of All Cities meant to play a Maximum Joy show a while back?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yes, this isn't particularly early, it's pretty standard Scutter

no, I guess not.

I'm just worried I'll turn up at 8:30 and the place won't be opened.

No offense, just that its happened all too often. When you go to a gig on your toblerone its a pain in the hole when that happens.

Will be there at 8:30 so.

you worry too much Scutter

no, I guess not.

I'm just worried I'll turn up at 8:30 and the place won't be opened.

No offense, just that its happened all too often. When you go to a gig on your toblerone its a pain in the hole when that happens.

Will be there at 8:30 so.

really enjoyed this.

strange hearing the songs without all the crazy instrumentation, but the three guitars worked really well.
I got a shudder to think meets dirty projectors buzz off the whole thing.

Da spoox were rockin too.

great gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back