Foggy Notions Presents...David Kitt + Get Back Guinozzi, Whelan's, Sep 18 (1 Viewer)

Urchin PR

Website
www.myspace.com
Foggy Notions presents

DAVID KITT

+ special guests:

GET BACK GUINOZZI (France / Fatcat)

Friday September 18, Whelan’s, 7.30pm

Tickets €18 (incl. booking fee) from Ticketmaster, WAV, City Discs, Sound Cellar & www.tickets.ie

David Kitt returns to Whelan’s following a sold out show at the Wexford Street venue in April, the release of his brilliant sixth LP The Nightsaver and a European tour with Tindersticks. Special guests from France are Fatcat’s new unique indie-pop signings Get Back Guinozzi, making their Irish debut.

“...bears the mark of an artist who not only knows how to write a concise tune but can mix with disciplined eclecticism... This isn’t The Big Romance’s Dreamer or Square One’s romantic, but a lyrically wiser creature.” - The Irish Times Album of the Week

“...his best album yet.” - Mick Heaney, The Sunday Times

David Kitt’s sixth LP, The Nightsaver, is the result of two years of late-night experimentation, 80-hour weeks, caught in the reverie of writing and recording in a home studio at the top of a winding staircase somewhere along Dublin’s Grand Canal. It is as natural sounding an album you’re likely to hear in 2009, in an era of music weighed down with contrivance and the search for identity and purpose.

It was in this intimate, solitary setting that Kitt was able to press pause on a career often hampered with distractions and immerse himself in music, relishing the role of producer and the task of molding the complex DNA of his latest work. Without any of the baggage of collaboration or record company influence he allowed his natural influences to filter through this collection of, what are essentially, concise songs. The free-flowing nuances of disco, Kraftwerk, 90’s house music, hip-hop of all eras and the evolving legacy of crafted synth-pop from Hall & Oates to Junior Boys can be heard throughout.

www.davidkitt.net
www.myspace.com/davidkitt

Get Back Guinozzi (France / FatCat)

Get Back Guinozzi is the brainchild of two French friends, Eglantine Gouzy and Fred Landini. Their debut album is set for release on FatCat in October 2009. A five-piece band (drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, vox) was formed and played their debut shows in September 2008. The band’s music is infectiously poppy, quirky and breezy, with a strong French slant and a wide range of influences taking in the likes of Talking Heads, The Feelies, The Smiths, New Order, early B-52’s, King Sunny Adé, Lee Perry, Rip Rig & Panic, Ariel Pink, The Slits, The Cure, Robert Wyatt, The Residents, Animal Collective, Jonathan Richman, and Serge Gainsbourg. The band’s debut single (‘Low Files Tropical’) will be released on September 14th and followed a month later by the album, Carpet Madness.

www.myspace.com/getbackguinozzi

DAVID KITT AFTERSHOW - Upstairs @ Whelan's

Feat:

GET BACK GUINOZZI (France/Fatcat) & DAVID KITT DJ SET

Doors 10.30pm

Wristband holders only – no tickets

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bry_iMt-3Zk"]YouTube - Get Back Guinozzi, "Low Files Tropical"[/ame]

2 tickets available, just won 2 so 2 i had bought available. cost 18 each, sell pair for 20, gotta collect from box office so whoever wants em will have to meet me outside gig.

PM if interested

That was deadly. The band were on fire tonight. Great atmosphere too, even with the chatterers. Mister Kitt seemed to enjoy it. As my mate Bridget said, "he was having a right time up there". The support band were great too - some voice on your one...

I think it's been about 3-4 years since my last David Kitt gig. He and the band were really, really good last night. Can't say that I've ever seen him play guitar like that before. Really liked the updated version of "you know what I wanna know" too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back